Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks for your time. I had a look at your render. It has the same quality loss. ya I dont understand but windows properties for the original dji clip says the frame height is 1563.

I may just have to live with it. I am still curious what effect x.v.color would look like. I did read somewere MP4 retainer does not work with x.v.color. I have tried tried others but without success.
Your also right about the screen captures. they are not exactly the same frame. I am doing those by hand with print screen. not ideal but I have been getting consistent results.
Ya the produce clip got in there by accident. Uploaded the H264.
But ya play the H265 or H264 against the original.
To play the video properly you will have to download to your computer. Google drive does its own encoding when it auto detects video files. To view the original you will have to download to PC both video files.

But ya once encoded in Cyberlink the video looses sharpness. Its like someone applied a mild blur to the entire clip. It does not appear majour but to me its very visible. Especially when you look at the tree bark, or the definition in the fabric jacket. I will probably end up just applying slight sharpening in the video editor to see if I can mitigate the soft image.
I have used the Profile Analyzer to create the base profile. I have also done a dozen tests trying adjustments to increase quality but nothing really helps too much.

I have posted three 10 second video clips and screen captures to the following location
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1OAWt2zbiJBjkD2I_hcRh_RH91BxyB_of?usp=sharing

1 Original clip from DJI Mini
2 the Profile Analyzer detected settings using H264 (did not use hardware acceleration)
3 My modified profile using H265. I also adjusted the Frame Height to 1536 from the profile analyzed 1530 setting to match original video size. (Hardware acceleration used)

I also thought oh perhaps its just typical video loss after encoding so as i mentioned above i tried encoding with cs5 adobe premier and the results were comparible to the original. Wish PowerDirector had the option to allow the user to select other encoders they may have installed on their machine.
I seem to be loosing quality after rendering and was wondering if enabling x.v.color would help. I cant figure out how to enable this feature. I am working with 2.7k video from the mavic mini.

Here are my profile.ini settings

&
<Class>MPEG-4 HEVC
<Name>2.7K Mavic Mini
<Description>
H.265 HEVC
39.968bit
2720x1536
29.969999fps
<Output FileName>
<DescID>20210
<NameID>20197