Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Help enabling x.v.color in custom profile
jablonsa [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 06, 2021 02:26 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I seem to be loosing quality after rendering and was wondering if enabling x.v.color would help. I cant figure out how to enable this feature. I am working with 2.7k video from the mavic mini.

Here are my profile.ini settings

&
<Class>MPEG-4 HEVC
<Name>2.7K Mavic Mini
<Description>
H.265 HEVC
39.968bit
2720x1536
29.969999fps
<Output FileName>
<DescID>20210
<NameID>20197
<Group>2
<File Format Class>11
<Video Format Class>10
<Audio Format Class>10
<Stream Flag>3
<Field Order>0
<Attribute>4000083
<Video BitRate>39968999
<Min BitRate>0
<Max BitRate>39968999
<Video Quality>0
<Video Width>2720
<Video Height>1536
<Frame Rate>29.969999
<Profile Level>65281
<Pattern>IBPBPBPBPBPBPBPBPBPBPBPBPBPBPBPBPBPBP
<Pre Processing>0
<Resize>1
<Flip Video>0
<Speed Quality Indicator>8
<Interlacing>0
<Encoder Mode>0
<App Type>2
<Dynamic GOP>0
<Intel Low Power>0
<Deblock>1
<EntryMode>1
<Encoder Type>32
<Audio Layer>2
<Audio Mode>2
<Audio BitRate>384000
<Audio Channels>2
<Audio SamplesPerSec>1
<Audio BitsPerSample>1
<Misc>0
<SamplesPerFrame>0
&&
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
There's a much easier way to get the same quality as the source clip.

Place just a single clip on the timeline then go to the Produce page. Near the top, click on Profile Analyzer and choose the Best Matched Profile or the SVRT profile if one is available.

If you still need assitance, upload a short clip to OneDrive or Google Drive and paste a publicly shareable link to it here. See this FAQ for more details.
jablonsa [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have used the Profile Analyzer to create the base profile. I have also done a dozen tests trying adjustments to increase quality but nothing really helps too much.

I have posted three 10 second video clips and screen captures to the following location
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1OAWt2zbiJBjkD2I_hcRh_RH91BxyB_of?usp=sharing

1 Original clip from DJI Mini
2 the Profile Analyzer detected settings using H264 (did not use hardware acceleration)
3 My modified profile using H265. I also adjusted the Frame Height to 1536 from the profile analyzed 1530 setting to match original video size. (Hardware acceleration used)

I also thought oh perhaps its just typical video loss after encoding so as i mentioned above i tried encoding with cs5 adobe premier and the results were comparible to the original. Wish PowerDirector had the option to allow the user to select other encoders they may have installed on their machine.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks very much for all the details and clips.

To be honest I'm having a hard time seeing any difference between the various clips. The only thing obvious in the PNG images is that the H.265 image is from a different frame than the other two.

Also, the "Produce" and "h265HEVC.." MP4 clips appear to have exactly the same encoding details and file size. You didn't proved the H.264 version.

Could you describe in more detail or upload more samples and circle the artifacts you're seeing as being lower quality?
jablonsa [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ya the produce clip got in there by accident. Uploaded the H264.
But ya play the H265 or H264 against the original.
To play the video properly you will have to download to your computer. Google drive does its own encoding when it auto detects video files. To view the original you will have to download to PC both video files.

But ya once encoded in Cyberlink the video looses sharpness. Its like someone applied a mild blur to the entire clip. It does not appear majour but to me its very visible. Especially when you look at the tree bark, or the definition in the fabric jacket. I will probably end up just applying slight sharpening in the video editor to see if I can mitigate the soft image.
jablonsa [Avatar]
[Post New]
Your also right about the screen captures. they are not exactly the same frame. I am doing those by hand with print screen. not ideal but I have been getting consistent results.
optodata
[Post New]
Yes it's important to play the source video locally to avoid streaming issues.

I double checked the camera specs, and the resolution is actually 2720x1530 (not 1536), and that's one possible reason for the lower quality since PD will have to interpolate the content for those extra 6 lines throughout each frame.

I also created a custom profile and forced a minimum bitrate of 30Mbps whereas your custom profile and no minimum limit. I put both in this OneDrive folder (no need to sign up or log in), so see if this profile and produced video are any improvement.
jablonsa [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for your time. I had a look at your render. It has the same quality loss. ya I dont understand but windows properties for the original dji clip says the frame height is 1563.

I may just have to live with it. I am still curious what effect x.v.color would look like. I did read somewere MP4 retainer does not work with x.v.color. I have tried tried others but without success.
optodata
[Post New]
I don't think x.v color has anything to do with details. That's usually about bitrate and codec quirks. Did you try producing with only the CPU to see if the GPU encoding is lower quality?

Uncheck both the Enable hardware decoding option from Preferences | Hardware Acceleration and the Fast video rendering technology option on the Produce page and see if that improves the quality.