Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Details button then gives this: This copy protected disc cannot play when the TV out function is enabled.

Win 8.1 OS. ASUS MB A88X Pro. AMD A10 7850K APU with Radeon R7 graphics.

No video card in system. Reviews show this APU is gamer capable without additional video card.

I get this error no matter what I do. I have gone through Windows Device Manager, enabled and disabled the generic Windows Display Driver.

I went through the BIOS trying to find something in there.

I went to the ASUS sight, they say all my MB software is up to date.

I swapped from the output from HDMI to DVI to HDMI and back to DVI, doing a reboot each time. (My monitor doesn't support Display Port so I couldn't test that one.)

Bottom line - Do I need to add a graphics card to get the DVD and BluRay to work?

This should work: I had a generic display driver on my hp pavilion laptop, and I had the same problem (this copy protected disc cannot play ....). So I updated my display driver to amd Radeon HD 7600, which is in my laptop, and it worked. Make sure you are updating the correct driver in your pc. Go to task manager and click on performance and you will find the correct grahic card and download the correct driver from amd or nvidia etc.
Go to: