Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I´m interested in buying there software if and a ATI-4800series card IF the software and there patch is going to get me a significant performance gain when rendering my avchd-files, so I don’t see why it shouldn´t be in there interest to tell me and others what to expect with there ATI-patch…

/Andreas
can someone from Cyberlink confirm Nikolaos message? If that is true that i with my old Opteron 165 @2.35ghz and 2Gb ram can get good editing (rendering) improvments. I quote

"The crucial issue is that noone needs to upgrade the whole system; JUST the graphics card will be enough !! "
is it only "effects" that renders faster? If i for example have my avchd files and wants to add music, is there any rendering gain with CUDA or ATI´s patch? I realy want an answer...

/Andreas
can someone please answer my questions of what GPU transcoding is supposed to do...
1. Is ATIs transcoding only goint to help me to convert the avchd movie to a easier editing format as mpeg2.
2. Or am I going to have faster rendering time using my original avchd-files (cutting, joining, adding effects, adding sound)
3. Have i totally misunderstood what ATI is goint to do, and the ATI patch is not going to replace the need for a faster computer.
i think it´s worring that not someone from Cyberlink is explaing the situation and the function of an ati transcoding patch...
can somone please confirm if what Dave is telling me is true?
can someone confirm that ATIs transcoding will work the same way as cuda

GPU acceleration for video transcoding was a lie. The only benefit is the CUDA optimization for certain advanced video effects.

Looks like we're all going to have to buy Adobe Premier or Badaboom for increased video transcoding performance.

and i if doesn´t work as like cuda does it works as follows:

1. Is ATIs transcoding only goint to help me to convert the avchd movie to a easier editing format as mpeg2.
2. Or am I going to have faster rendering time using my original avchd-files (cutting, joining, adding effects, adding sound)
3. Have i totally misunderstood what ATI is goint to do, and the ATI patch is not going to replace the need for a faster computer.
Hi!
After reading some disappointing threads about cuda optimization i begin to wonder if i have to much hope on ATI? How exactly is GPU transcoding going to work? I have a AVCHD camera and a not so fast computer (amd opteron 165 @2.35Ghz and 2Gb RAM) and in my thoughts I could just upgrade my videocard to get a editing boost (and not have to by a new computer).
is there any news on quality, speed and release date?
so smartrender is totaly useless (IMO) and can ony be used to trim an join avchd? Is there other programs that allow me to manipulate/change the sound and not re-render video?
Hi!
Is it possible to add music (mp3) to a avchd-project and still smartrender the picture? I get that the sound has to be re-renderd but can powerdirector use smartrender and not re-render the video?

Thanks/Andreas
Hi!
When should powerdirector get support for accelerated GPU encoding? (ati 4800 series)?
Go to: