Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
There both snapshots taken from the preview window(click on the third button from the right, select screen snapshot).

Thats the difference in quality that is displayed in the preview window. When you select a clip in the media (library) area and preview it, the quality is great, but when the same clip is on the timeline and you preview it, the quality is fairly poor.
Im glad to see im not the only one whos noticed it - ill try your suggestion about converting to mpeg2 first.

Shame really, the main reason i bought PD7 was for its abitlity to handle AVCHD content, but i didnt realise the downscaling performance would be so poor.
I'd just like to chip in and say that i didnt notice it with the SD files from my previous camera, but i've found it quite noticable with the HD files from my HF11 (See attached files).

Its quite off putting - and although probably unrelated, if i make a normal (SD) DVD from my AVCHD files, the quality is noticable degraded (much like the difference between previewing files from the library and timeline).

Russ
Thanks, i thought that might be the case.
I have the lastest update for PD7, and the latest NVIDIA drivers, and have enable it in PD7s preferences, but when i want to produce an mpeg2 file (I shoot AVCHD video, edit it, then finally produce a mpeg2 file), the CUDA option is disabled?? see screenshot.

I just want to confirm this really, but should(can) PD7 use CUDA optimization when producing an mpeg2 file?

I see on the Cyberlink PD7 webpage that it has charts showing performance gains processing effects in mpeg2 files, so my assumption would be that it would also use CUDA for encoding. I should also point out that i can enable CUDA when producing and mpeg4 file, just not for mpeg2 files.

Thanks

Russ.
Go to: