Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi! Thanks for the quick reply!

Anyway, I selected and dragged 1,080 JPG images around 900KB in size each (dimensions 2272 X 1704)... I know they are large images. Anyway, after dragging the images down into the workspace, I clicked the "Magic Movie Wizard" tool, and I then selected seven MP3 songs for background music. The system generated my movie, I clicked the "home" button, and the software seemed to create a valid timeline, but when I saved (note, I save under a different name each time I save, which is to say, I never reuse a file name), the file size of the resulting PDS is always 1KB, and when I clicked on the "Create Disc" button, I get the "failed insert timeline" error message, and since the software never correctly saves the PDS, I have to start over from scratch. That's the sequence of events. I'm going to cut the number of large images I'm using in half to see if that makes a difference. Thanks for helping!
My workspace has close to 1,000 pictures, and every time I use the Magic tool to produce a movie and save. My PDS always is always 1 KB in size, and even if I don't save and try to create a DVD after running the Magic tool, I get the following error message:

Failed to insert timeline data

Here is all the information the PDS has in it:

Content-Type: multipart/related
--- partseparator
Content-Type: text/AEFF
Content-ID: movie-layout
--- separator

However, my workspace, as mentioned above, has hundreds of images.

I've followed instructions in this forum by reinstalling, removing all Cyberlink folders from the registry and hard drive, but this always happens. Does Powerdirector 7 have problems when a workspace contains hundreds of images? Long story short... I can never burn the data to a DVD because of this issue.
Go to: