Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
When I save, the PDS file only has 1KB in PD7
Ryan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 30, 2008 11:23 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
My workspace has close to 1,000 pictures, and every time I use the Magic tool to produce a movie and save. My PDS always is always 1 KB in size, and even if I don't save and try to create a DVD after running the Magic tool, I get the following error message:

Failed to insert timeline data

Here is all the information the PDS has in it:

Content-Type: multipart/related
--- partseparator
Content-Type: text/AEFF
Content-ID: movie-layout
--- separator

However, my workspace, as mentioned above, has hundreds of images.

I've followed instructions in this forum by reinstalling, removing all Cyberlink folders from the registry and hard drive, but this always happens. Does Powerdirector 7 have problems when a workspace contains hundreds of images? Long story short... I can never burn the data to a DVD because of this issue.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I have just loaded some 1197 jpeg images into PD7 from 13 locations and from 2 different hard drives with PD7 positioned on a third hard drive (C). The images were made up of some 700 at around 4mb each and the rest were about 600kb to 1mb.

I have then place all 1197 images into the time-line using highlight/click and drag. All images were placed in the time-line successfully.

I then saved the pds file to a "Test" location on "C" drive.

I closed PD7.

The pds file is 7.16mb in size and re-opened the project next - Ok, it took a couple of minutes to bring everything in... but it did it.

I haven't attempted to edit the files as yet.

Please clarify what else you did so I can replicate it?

thank you.

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 01. 2008 05:02

Ryan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 30, 2008 11:23 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi! Thanks for the quick reply!

Anyway, I selected and dragged 1,080 JPG images around 900KB in size each (dimensions 2272 X 1704)... I know they are large images. Anyway, after dragging the images down into the workspace, I clicked the "Magic Movie Wizard" tool, and I then selected seven MP3 songs for background music. The system generated my movie, I clicked the "home" button, and the software seemed to create a valid timeline, but when I saved (note, I save under a different name each time I save, which is to say, I never reuse a file name), the file size of the resulting PDS is always 1KB, and when I clicked on the "Create Disc" button, I get the "failed insert timeline" error message, and since the software never correctly saves the PDS, I have to start over from scratch. That's the sequence of events. I'm going to cut the number of large images I'm using in half to see if that makes a difference. Thanks for helping!
Videocentricity
Contributor Location: Long Beach,CA Joined: May 21, 2007 05:37 Messages: 394 Offline
[Post New]
I found this topic when searching for "failed insert timeline" error message

Using PD7 V. 7.01.1714 with 1.5Gig ram + Windows Vista Home Basic

I created an 85 minute running time project with around twenty WMV clips and exported to AVI as a single 18.6 Gigabyte movie.

With the time line still being the twenty WMV clips and no chapter headers I decided to test create a DVD but on loading the DVD Create Disc page it ran about 16% progress in the popup message "Initializing" and then popped an error message "failed to insert timeline data"

I exited the current PD7 and restarted.

Loading the 18.6 Gb AVI on the timeline I tried again and got as far as being ready to burn, however the project requires 5.1Gb of DVD space.

Trying again I produced a single WMV (768Kbs WMV 9) which was 860 Mbytes. which should burn OK on DVD though I have not tried yet.

So the question is "Why did I get the error when trying to assemble twenty WMVs for the DVD Create Disc ?" I guess its related to the size of the project, though I have burned multi WMV files before of smaller runtime.

Should I send this info back to DP7 Development?

(Beta Team Member)
If you can't solve the problem - Change the problem
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Ron,

I need to send you some data.

Dafydd