Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote What VCR did you use?
What format did you capture to?

I used a Panasonic PV-V4620 (Omnivision VHS). The format was MPEG-2, Resolution 720 x 480, Frame Rate 29.97 Fps.
I am using Power Director 15. I believe I am up to date with all updates and all hardware is up to date with latest drivers. My question is how to get the highest quality image when burning a Blu Ray DVD. I don't really care how long it takes to produce or burn the disk. I'm perfectly content to let things run over night. I guess what I'm asking is what settings to use with producing and burning the disk to achieve the best results. I am moving 40-year-old VHS tapes to Blu Ray. They were all captured with ArcSoft ShowBiz. I'm sure there are better ways to capture the old tapes but it's a long process and I just want to use the files as they are.

Any and all suggestions will be most apprecated,
I am BRAND new to video editing and recently bought (and updated!) PowerDirector 15. I have captured all my old VHS tapes, some dating back to 1983, and my intention is to burn clips to DVDs in chronological order. My understanding is a DVD will only hold 4.7GB unless it's a dual layer and I don't want to go there.

Here's my question: since I am going to try to use as few DVDs as possible how can I tell how big, in GBs, a clip is? Do I right-click and check under Properties? Can I just right-click a clip on the timeline and get this information?

Also if anyone has undertaken a project like this before any tips or help you offer up will be much appreciated. What I want the end product to be is a DVD with a working menu and scene selection available.

Thanks to all in advance.
Go to: