Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks for the tip, but it did not answer my question. I don't know how the forum back-end triggered the note that this answered my question.
It did not answer my question because my OS is Windows 10 whereas your tip applies to Windows 11. In Windows 10, I do not see the option "Choose an app on your pc....". It shows only the apps I showed in the screen capture or to find an app in Windows Store.
I have PowerDVD 14 on my Windows 10 computer and I want to make it the default video player. I also have PowerDVD pre-installed by Lenovo on my Lenovo computer. It appears as PowerDVD for Lenovo Idea in the apps list of the StartMenu. When I go to Windows 10 settings and try to make PowerDVD 14 the default app, the list of choices shows PowerDVD by Lenovo but not the PowerDVD 14 (see attached image). How to make PowerDVD 14 my default video player? Thank you.

I'm not sure what version you have, but in PowerDVD's General player settings, there is the "Auto-Resume setting". Here you can choose what happens when you put a DVD into your disc drive.

Dave

Thanks. That answered my question. I found the settings in my PowerDVD 10.

I also noticed that PD saves the chapter thumbnails to my PC, and I deleted the folders that PD offered. But I didn't see an option to stop the thumbnails from being saved in the first place.
Sometimes I have to stop playing a DVD in the middle and eject it with the intent to play it later from the beginning. However, when I put the DVD back in the computer's DVD drive, it always starts playing from where I had stopped it. How do I play it from the beginning?

Another question. Every time I play a movie, PowerDVD saves many fils about it in the Document folder on my Windows 8 computer. How do I stop it?

I could not find the version of the Lenovo PowerDVD on my computer that I an share with you.
Go to: