Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to restart a DVD at its beginning?
Paul1800 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 09, 2020 19:51 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Sometimes I have to stop playing a DVD in the middle and eject it with the intent to play it later from the beginning. However, when I put the DVD back in the computer's DVD drive, it always starts playing from where I had stopped it. How do I play it from the beginning?

Another question. Every time I play a movie, PowerDVD saves many fils about it in the Document folder on my Windows 8 computer. How do I stop it?

I could not find the version of the Lenovo PowerDVD on my computer that I an share with you.
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Sometimes I have to stop playing a DVD in the middle and eject it with the intent to play it later from the beginning. However, when I put the DVD back in the computer's DVD drive, it always starts playing from where I had stopped it. How do I play it from the beginning?

Another question. Every time I play a movie, PowerDVD saves many fils about it in the Document folder on my Windows 8 computer. How do I stop it?

I could not find the version of the Lenovo PowerDVD on my computer that I an share with you.

I'm not sure what version you have, but in PowerDVD's General player settings, there is the "Auto-Resume setting". Here you can choose what happens when you put a DVD into your disc drive.

Dave
Paul1800 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 09, 2020 19:51 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]

I'm not sure what version you have, but in PowerDVD's General player settings, there is the "Auto-Resume setting". Here you can choose what happens when you put a DVD into your disc drive.

Dave

Thanks. That answered my question. I found the settings in my PowerDVD 10.

I also noticed that PD saves the chapter thumbnails to my PC, and I deleted the folders that PD offered. But I didn't see an option to stop the thumbnails from being saved in the first place.