Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
So I didnt do the other software but looked more into things with the data I was trying to burn.

I found out a few things.

Firstly, CyberLink's software was correct in its estimation of the disc space.

Turns out there are 2 size references that are commonly confused. Something might say 2.5GB when you hover your mouse over it, but when you right-click and select 'Properties' you can see the true size of the file. It will be in parenthesis in the size section. You'd see (keeping with the above example) a size of 2.5GB and next to it (2,686,999 bytes). Now, I totally made up that number, so dont use it as a reference for what 2.5GB truly is, but what I'm saying is that the space of a burnable disk is configured to the number you'd see in the parenthesis.

I went over in that size parameter.

I was doing some research online and they made the size distinctions of GB and GiB. People use them interchangably but they really are different. I wont go into the details. But there are exact calculations to convert one into the other and vica versa.

The 2nd thing I realized is that the numbers you see on a burnable media is in GB form. So my 8.5 GB DVDs are actually 7.96 GiB of burnable space.

So you got to remember that the disk will give you a number in GB, while Cyberlink is showing you the number in GiB.

Yay for information I can spout out at a party and ensure my place as the cool nerd, lol.
Hi,
I'm trying to burn a data disk, Blu-Ray 50gb... I'm into the 'red' area on the capacity bar by like 500mb. So that I dont waste an expensive disk, I was just wondering what would happen if I started the burn. Does the red area mean like 'warning, you're close' or 'you are screwed, remove stuff'.

Thanks for any info!
Go to: