Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Oh no, no, no, no!!! 😠 It happened again!! I'm very angry and disappointed!
Sometimes because of bad contact my laptop "can't see" some of it's hard disks (that's why I saved always and very offen, practicaly every 30 seconds just in case).
And now minute ago everything was fine, my file grew up to 45 mb, I SAVED!! And then boom! My comp was shaked by the cat (f... g rat!), Color Director signed "Some file could be finded in directory" and momentarily my file became emty 145 kB.
And I can't return it any way!
Well, I'm here again. Finally, I got to the computer and opened this file and it weights only 146 KB, it seemed to me suspicious.
I created another one, made short mask, just a couple of frames and saved it - it's 5 mb at once. And late I could re-opened it.
But 28 sek of video is a long-long-long hard work!! 😲 Network said me that Color Director will help me to cut moving object quickly. Now i think they tricked me😊

Аt first everything seems to be optimistic: you draw the first frame manually, click on automatic tracking and wait. Bam! and the mask is created, the object is cut out.

Only theoretically. In real life practically you have to fix every damn frame!

Now I doubt about this way, may be I should keep looking for some another method.
Quote Hello Mike,

Welcome to the ColorDirector forum ""laughing""

If you've been working on setting a motion tracking mask, then you save your project and close it, when you re-open the project your mask settings & keyframes should still be in place.

1. Open the project

2. Go to Adjustment > Motion Tracking Mask

3. From the Mask dropdown, select the mask (colour) you set previously

4. Open keyframes (clock icon)

5. Carry on working

Does that not work for you? Could you post screenshots of what's happening?

PIX

Thanks a lot for quick answer, PIX!
Now I'm away from my PC, but when I'll be there I'll try. And write then.
I have never used this program before and specifically installed it for the cutting of a moving object. I used a motion mask and I've saved after every 3-4 frames.
When I finished work I finally clicked "save" and switched off laptop.
And today I opened this file, but it was empty! I was asked to add a video to work! How so?! I almost died! 3 hours down the drain!
Do not tell me how to save in this program? How to avoid this situation in the future? Or do you need to draw a mask from start to finish without stopping?
Hi Clark!
Well, have you sorted out your problems? Thanks for the video! Do not tell me, I have never used this program and specifically installed it for the same cutting of a moving object. I worked for about 3 hours, the length of my video is 28 seconds, a lot of editing. According to the old Native habit, I've saved after every 3-4 frames. As a result, having wanted to sleep (at 2 a. m.), and having cropped about 6 seconds (less than the 4th part of all the work), I saved the file and shut the laptop.
And today I opened this file, but it was empty! I was asked to add a video to work! How so? !! I almost died! 3 hours down the drain!
Do not tell me how to save in this program? How to avoid this situation in the future? Or do you need to draw a mask from start to finish without stopping?
Go to: