Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

That used to be the default, but it was changed. You now have to move the anchor point in the PIP Object Settings, 0,0 anchor would be upper left corner of pic, a little green thumb tack appears when displayed.

Jeff

Wow!

I found the anchor point in the PiP Designer Object Settings of the clip . I had to switch "Show anchor point" on and set X and Y to
zero.

Thank you so much Jeff!
You'saved me horus of twiddling around with clip positions!!
Hi,

I'm an newbie with PD365. Can I resize clips in PIP designer by just drag one corner so that the opposite corner stays at its position. In my PD version clips always resize from the center of the clip. When I drag one corner, the center of that clip stays at the same position and all other corners move accordingly which messes up my PiP layout.

Can this be changed?

Thanks
Quote Carl312 and Tomasc provided great solutions.

PowerDirecgtor doesn't have an alternative means to bring items to the foreground. The highest numbered track will always be in the foreground.

The only way I can think to do what you want and keep each musician on their original track would be to use the PIP Deisgner to scale in to the solo artist and fill the screen. While the solo artist is being scaled up use PIP Designer and Opacity keyframes on the three other musician clips to fade them away. Once the solo is complete use PIP Designer and scale/position keyframes to move the solo artist back to the original position. While the solo artist is being scaled down use PIP Dsigner and Opacity keyframes on the other three musician clips to fade them back onto the screen. These steps should be done simultaneously for the best effect.

Let me know how it goes.

I tried your and Carl's suggestion. Although this is definitely some editing effort, it works fine. In order to keep the amount of tracks small and avoid chopping my original videos, it appears to be the best solution for me.

Thanks all you guys, for your help.
Tom
Thank you tomasc and Philwild.
I'm gonna check this out.
Thank you for your help.
Tom
Quote It takes a lot of editing to create what you wamt.

The key factor is how PowerDirector treats its tracks.

The hightest numbered track is on top of the lower numbered tracks. You can change that somewhat by using transparency. If a higher number track has transparency, then parts of the lower numbered tracks will show though.

You have to choose which artist you put in the highest number track for the duration you want him/her seen.

There may a a tutorial somewhere on Youtube that may demonstrate how that is done.

I.E. track 3 is shown on top of tracks 1 & 2. Audio from all tracks are mixed into one stereo audio.

Thanks Carl. I think I understood this.
I was hoping though, there is a possibility to change the "appearance layer" (what appears on top) dynamically e.g. with keyframes inside of PiP Designer or with any other kind of automation.

Too bad.
Thank you anyway
Hi,
I'm a beginner in PowerDirector and would like to create a music video showing four musicians performing a song. I have a separate video file for each musician (audio muted) and one separate audio file that contains the soundtrack of the final music video. So there are five tracks in total.

In PowerDirector I have now divided the playback screen into 4 parts (PiP). In each PiP window I placed one musician (track). If a musician plays a solo, I would like to bring the corresponding PiP window (track) to the foreground during the solo, then back to the original position. This should be done alternately for different musicians (tracks) at different positions of the song.

My problem now is, that I can easily move and zoom a PiP window into the center of the screen but this window is then partly hidden by tracks with higher numbers. As a temporary solution, I have created a sixth video track. Then I cutted video tracks 1-4 into various pieces and moved the pieces to be zoomed to track 6.

This appears to be a very cumbersome method and it is difficult to maintain all those various cutted parts in different tracks and create smooth transitions.

Isn't there a better way, to bring parts of any track independent from its track-number to the foreground?

Hope I explained it right. Here's a youtube video that outlines what I would like to do:
WHISKEY SOUR HAPPY HOUR SUPERJAM: "The Weight"

Thank you for your help.
Tom
Go to: