Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi Dafydd and Robert

Just received my Power Director 7 disc today (2nd September), can't wait to use it now. Thank you for your help.
Regards
Thank you
Hi Robert,
done that - and the link to the full version keeps dropping out during download and then when finally collected in WHOLE... my computer reads the file as corrupted - so I thought it was something that happened during transmission - tried again... same problem.... tried again.... same problem... tried no less than 8 times... Cyberlink original file must be corrupted... I think.
This is why I sent them the email (pasted above) and they are going to send me a disc... just how long that will take is anyones guess...
Checking my mail everyday!
I first go in touch with support on the 6th of August (now 18th).

Again thank you for your help - and the name is Chantal from Sydney

Would you wait this long?
Thank you Robert for the recommendations, gotcha, .. very useful for people about to buy the product --- however for people who have bought the product and not been supplied with an 'activation pak'.. not useful... we don't want to pay again (twice for the same thing) .. I originally bought PD7 on the 3rd of August... now the 18th and I still don't have a working copy!!.. I need an 'activation pak' ... are they general or are they numerically linked to your order?.. do you know?.. possibly not.

Who can I get in touch with or where can I get an 'activation pak' from?

This activation pak system ... was a VERY BRIGHT idea wasn't it? .. when someone fails the system (Digital River) .. it really stuff everything up!!

As I stand at the moment I can't download the link from support because it keeps timing out and then when downloaded and installing it spits out a 'corrupt file' error, I don't want to pay again for the same thing I bought 13 days ago... the link above leads to 'trolley' ... still waiting for that disc they promised .. but would really like to be able to use this program sooner rather than later.

The way I see it -- all I need is an 'ACTIVATION PACK'... great idea... hmm.....

Thank you for your help and understanding.
PS.. I have just double-checked all my emails from Cyberlink and there is definitely no link to an activation pak on ANY of the emails I received from Cyberlink - including the email giving the key

I also notice that most of my emails are from digital river - the only Cyberlink email I have is from the online store referring me to support

your post dafydd is the first I learned of Cyberlink activation method system.

Now it looks like I have to get in touch with SOMEBODY straight from Cyberlink to download an activation pack... am i right? and if so do you know who I can contact this time? THANK YOU
THANK YOU Dafydd -- now why couldn't support just tell us that?
now I assume the "PDR7_Trial_Pack" is downloadable from the Cyberlink webpage?

Just to fill you in -- this is what I submitted to forum earlier - in "power director activation" I will try the whole process once more.... THANK YOU

Thank you for your help guys.. newbie here (yes another one) ... lol
with same problem as 'Dennis' agrees with 'Stephen' and 'Sally' here is 'my' story

tried and liked pd'ancient'.. can't remember the version .. so old .. thought I'd upgrade to version 7... tried the trial .. loved it...

BOUGHT pd7!!! downloaded.. and discovered same problem as 'Dennis' that is - had reg key, but looking for a file... undescribed... could not open the file... error code reads " The filename you specified is not in the Activation Pack, please browse to the correct one and try again." .. (the CORRECT one being???)..got in touch with support... who gave me a link to another 'full' file not needing a 'pak'-
PDR7_1915_VDEO71008-01.exe ( I provided support with screen prints by the way).. I tried to download this file no less than 7 times... finally got it in whole... 635,089kb

tried to install it (on WinXp) and get this message:"The contents of this file cannot be unpacked. The executable you are attempting to run has been corrupted. Please obtain another copy of the file, verify its integrity, and try again. ok "

Well ... I tried again,... and again... and again... and again... two days later I got in touch with support again... and this is what I said:

Well after 2 days of trying and 8 attempts I finally get this PowerDirector
7.0 (build: 1915) file whole - the connection kept timing out.
At one stage I thought of trying to download it via IE, which also dropped out. I paused my anti-virus and made sure I had nothing running whilst downloading. My connection is ADSL2 and it is the first week of the month -
I cannot see why the download was so slow.

Now trying to install the file and thought it wise to uninstall all
previous version first, my computer gives me an error code that this file is corrupted!

I will try one more time if that doesn't work I will have to look for
alternative programs as well as give my friends and family the 'no go'
message for Cyberlink Power Director!

In the meantime I expect to get what I paid for, would a hard copy of your program be more reliable? If you mean "We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you have been caused."
would you please send me a disc copy of the program free of charge?

My patience is running very thin

I believe they are sending me a disc... haven't received it yet... am very close to ringing Credit Card and pulling out... its a shame I really like that earlier version (I think it was version 2!! ) except you couldn't put an audio track on it, and I wanted to move forward.

Sorry - this is a long 'short' reply... just wanted to thank you guys for helping and also to let you know that yes, there are many more people with the SAME problems... I will keep reading this post and keep you up to date -- for now .-- I'd rather forget about Cyberlink!!!!!
Thank you for your help guys.. newbie here (yes another one) ... lol
with same problem as 'Dennis' agrees with 'Stephen' and 'Sally' here is 'my' story

tried and liked pd'ancient'.. can't remember the version .. so old .. thought I'd upgrade to version 7... tried the trial .. loved it...

BOUGHT pd7!!! downloaded.. and discovered same problem as 'Dennis' that is - had reg key, but looking for a file... undescribed... could not open the file... error code reads " The filename you specified is not in the Activation Pack, please browse to the correct one and try again." .. (the CORRECT one being???)..got in touch with support... who gave me a link to another 'full' file not needing a 'pak'-
PDR7_1915_VDEO71008-01.exe ( I provided support with screen prints by the way).. I tried to download this file no less than 7 times... finally got it in whole... 635,089kb

tried to install it (on WinXp) and get this message:"The contents of this file cannot be unpacked. The executable you are attempting to run has been corrupted. Please obtain another copy of the file, verify its integrity, and try again. ok "

Well ... I tried again,... and again... and again... and again... two days later I got in touch with support again... and this is what I said:

Well after 2 days of trying and 8 attempts I finally get this PowerDirector
7.0 (build: 1915) file whole - the connection kept timing out.
At one stage I thought of trying to download it via IE, which also dropped out. I paused my anti-virus and made sure I had nothing running whilst downloading. My connection is ADSL2 and it is the first week of the month -
I cannot see why the download was so slow.

Now trying to install the file and thought it wise to uninstall all
previous version first, my computer gives me an error code that this file is corrupted!

I will try one more time if that doesn't work I will have to look for
alternative programs as well as give my friends and family the 'no go'
message for Cyberlink Power Director!

In the meantime I expect to get what I paid for, would a hard copy of your program be more reliable? If you mean "We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you have been caused."
would you please send me a disc copy of the program free of charge?

My patience is running very thin

I believe they are sending me a disc... haven't received it yet... am very close to ringing Credit Card and pulling out... its a shame I really like that earlier version (I think it was version 2!! ) except you couldn't put an audio track on it, and I wanted to move forward.

Sorry - this is a long 'short' reply... just wanted to thank you guys for helping and also to let you know that yes, there are many more people with the SAME problems... I will keep reading this post and keep you up to date -- for now .-- I'd rather forget about Cyberlink!!!!!
Go to: