Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
What is an Activation Pack and where do I get it?
Bambam [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Jim Phillips aka Bambam Joined: Aug 14, 2008 14:06 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
This is getting VERY FRUSTRATING! I downloaded a trial of PD7 and have decided to buy the software. I launched the software and a splash screen asked if I want to 1) Buy, 2) Activate or 3) Try it! Until now I was always selecting "Try It" but this time, I selected "Buy" and completed the order. Got my e-mail verification with the "Digital Rights" key.

Relaunched the software and selected "Activate." The system calls for the 30-character key, which I entered. Then it asks me to launch a .exe file from an Activation Pack. What is it and where do I find it?

Thanks, in advance, for any help. The customer support people sent me download instructions that don't match the web-site's map/tree so I'm looking for help from the collective!
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
How many times do we have to post this on the forum,

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A TRIAL ACTIVATION PACK

You cannot activate a trial version, it is necessary to download and install the full version.

When you received your confirmation email from E5, as well as the activation key, they would have provided a link to download the full version.

Before you install the full version, completely uninstall the trial version, follow the instructions gicen in PART C of the following link

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/2405.page

If you have problems downloading or installing the full version of PD7, contact Technical Support

Robert

Note for Dafydd,

Could you please ask R & D to remove any reference to Activation Packs from the trial versions

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Aug 14. 2008 18:54

Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Bambam [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Jim Phillips aka Bambam Joined: Aug 14, 2008 14:06 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Robert. I don't know how many times it's been posted but a search didn't come up with anything so I was number XXXX. Sorry.

Ready for some more interesting news.... My link to download and pay for the software was thru Digital River... Not E5. In case it wasn't confusing enough! I ended up talking to E5 after drilling down thru the support FAQ's and they didn't recognize the order number I was given. Geeez!

I may just ask for my money back and look for another solution. I have never had to work this hard to get something I paid for!
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Did you purchase direct from Cyberlink or via a distributor? E5 is a Digital River Company

Where did you download the trial version from, if you did not download from Cyberlink direct, when you purchased the full version you would have been redirected to a third party site.

If that is the case you will need to contact the distributor that supplied you with the product.

Sorry, cannot be of more help at the moment

Robert

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 14. 2008 22:09

Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I back what Robert has written 100%.... However he and I have got some info wrong. I sent a query into CyberLink today and raised this particular issue - seeking any additional information.

I quote:

If user purchased PowerDirector from a Trial version and wants to activate it based on the existing Trial version:
User can activate the PowerDirector Trial version directly to a full version. However, user needs to download a supplement program named "PDR7_Trial_Pack"
before he activate PowerDirector. User can follow the instructions below to activate the Trial version of PowerDirector to a full-featured version:

1. Download the Trial Activation Pack (this link can be found on the confirmation letter when you purchased PowerDirector) program and save it to the hard disk in
advance . (Please DO NOT change the file name when saving to the hard disk.)
2. Launch PowerDirector.
3. The Activation dialogue box appears. Enter your CD key for activation (CD key can be found in the confirmation letter) and then click Next.
4. Locate the Trial Activation Pack executable file that you just downloaded, and click Next.
5. The activation process is complete. You can use full functions of PowerDirector now.

I have to apologise to Robert as we discussed this issue a few days ago and I got it wrong.

Dafydd
foreyes [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 05, 2008 04:34 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
THANK YOU Dafydd -- now why couldn't support just tell us that?
now I assume the "PDR7_Trial_Pack" is downloadable from the Cyberlink webpage?

Just to fill you in -- this is what I submitted to forum earlier - in "power director activation" I will try the whole process once more.... THANK YOU

Thank you for your help guys.. newbie here (yes another one) ... lol
with same problem as 'Dennis' agrees with 'Stephen' and 'Sally' here is 'my' story

tried and liked pd'ancient'.. can't remember the version .. so old .. thought I'd upgrade to version 7... tried the trial .. loved it...

BOUGHT pd7!!! downloaded.. and discovered same problem as 'Dennis' that is - had reg key, but looking for a file... undescribed... could not open the file... error code reads " The filename you specified is not in the Activation Pack, please browse to the correct one and try again." .. (the CORRECT one being???)..got in touch with support... who gave me a link to another 'full' file not needing a 'pak'-
PDR7_1915_VDEO71008-01.exe ( I provided support with screen prints by the way).. I tried to download this file no less than 7 times... finally got it in whole... 635,089kb

tried to install it (on WinXp) and get this message:"The contents of this file cannot be unpacked. The executable you are attempting to run has been corrupted. Please obtain another copy of the file, verify its integrity, and try again. ok "

Well ... I tried again,... and again... and again... and again... two days later I got in touch with support again... and this is what I said:

Well after 2 days of trying and 8 attempts I finally get this PowerDirector
7.0 (build: 1915) file whole - the connection kept timing out.
At one stage I thought of trying to download it via IE, which also dropped out. I paused my anti-virus and made sure I had nothing running whilst downloading. My connection is ADSL2 and it is the first week of the month -
I cannot see why the download was so slow.

Now trying to install the file and thought it wise to uninstall all
previous version first, my computer gives me an error code that this file is corrupted!

I will try one more time if that doesn't work I will have to look for
alternative programs as well as give my friends and family the 'no go'
message for Cyberlink Power Director!

In the meantime I expect to get what I paid for, would a hard copy of your program be more reliable? If you mean "We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you have been caused."
would you please send me a disc copy of the program free of charge?

My patience is running very thin

I believe they are sending me a disc... haven't received it yet... am very close to ringing Credit Card and pulling out... its a shame I really like that earlier version (I think it was version 2!! ) except you couldn't put an audio track on it, and I wanted to move forward.

Sorry - this is a long 'short' reply... just wanted to thank you guys for helping and also to let you know that yes, there are many more people with the SAME problems... I will keep reading this post and keep you up to date -- for now .-- I'd rather forget about Cyberlink!!!!!
foreyes [Avatar]
[Post New]
PS.. I have just double-checked all my emails from Cyberlink and there is definitely no link to an activation pak on ANY of the emails I received from Cyberlink - including the email giving the key

I also notice that most of my emails are from digital river - the only Cyberlink email I have is from the online store referring me to support

your post dafydd is the first I learned of Cyberlink activation method system.

Now it looks like I have to get in touch with SOMEBODY straight from Cyberlink to download an activation pack... am i right? and if so do you know who I can contact this time? THANK YOU
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Everyone,

As Dafydd has said, I apologize for giving incorrect information, but it would appear that the link for the Activation Pack was not being provided in the confirmation emails, so I was half right

I would strongly recommend that purchasers of PD7 do not use the option within the trial version to buy the product.

It is a lot safer to purchase the full version from the following link

http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/cyberstore/order_4_ENU.html

Then uninstall the trial version in accordance with PART C of the following link before installing the full version

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/2405.page

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit

PDtoots
foreyes [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you Robert for the recommendations, gotcha, .. very useful for people about to buy the product --- however for people who have bought the product and not been supplied with an 'activation pak'.. not useful... we don't want to pay again (twice for the same thing) .. I originally bought PD7 on the 3rd of August... now the 18th and I still don't have a working copy!!.. I need an 'activation pak' ... are they general or are they numerically linked to your order?.. do you know?.. possibly not.

Who can I get in touch with or where can I get an 'activation pak' from?

This activation pak system ... was a VERY BRIGHT idea wasn't it? .. when someone fails the system (Digital River) .. it really stuff everything up!!

As I stand at the moment I can't download the link from support because it keeps timing out and then when downloaded and installing it spits out a 'corrupt file' error, I don't want to pay again for the same thing I bought 13 days ago... the link above leads to 'trolley' ... still waiting for that disc they promised .. but would really like to be able to use this program sooner rather than later.

The way I see it -- all I need is an 'ACTIVATION PACK'... great idea... hmm.....

Thank you for your help and understanding.
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
[Post New]
Removed, see post below

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 17. 2008 23:02

PDtoots
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi foreyes, (a proper name would be nice)

All I can suggest at the moment is to contact Technical Support via the email Cyberlink link

http://www.cyberlink.com/english/cs/support/new_site/support_index.html

Attach a copy of your confirmation from Digital River and explain that they have not provided the link to obtain the Activation Pack and could they please either supply you with the link or preferably give you a link for the full version.

Technical Support have usally been very helpful in this situation

Robert

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 17. 2008 23:03

PDtoots
foreyes [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Robert,
done that - and the link to the full version keeps dropping out during download and then when finally collected in WHOLE... my computer reads the file as corrupted - so I thought it was something that happened during transmission - tried again... same problem.... tried again.... same problem... tried no less than 8 times... Cyberlink original file must be corrupted... I think.
This is why I sent them the email (pasted above) and they are going to send me a disc... just how long that will take is anyones guess...
Checking my mail everyday!
I first go in touch with support on the 6th of August (now 18th).

Again thank you for your help - and the name is Chantal from Sydney

Would you wait this long?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 18. 2008 09:21

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Chantal,

I am following this issue up.

Dafydd
foreyes [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you
foreyes [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd and Robert

Just received my Power Director 7 disc today (2nd September), can't wait to use it now. Thank you for your help.
Regards
Rose [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 04, 2008 18:05 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem as these guys. It is quite off putting all i am trying to do is activate this program that i have purchaset online through the trial version. There was a link in my email when i paid for the deluxe version to download it but it kept on comming up error the file is corrupted The contents of this file cannot be unpacked. The executable you are attempting to run has been corrupted. Please obtain another copy of the file. Now it says that i have exceeded my 5 attemps and to contact Digital River. Why does this have to be so dam hard! What should i do now. I have sent emails to digital river and cyberlink support and have had no reply. Cheers Craig from the UK
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Craig,

1. Actvation Pack - umm to date I haven't seen one.
2. Solution - download the full version
3. Send me your proof of purchase - (sales receipt from Digital Rover) all of it, copy and paste it into a PM
4. Provide your email address - the one that you used to correspond to Digital River
5. i'll be in touch asap.... Monday

Dafydd
[Moderator]
Rose [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 04, 2008 18:05 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Cyberlink has responded to my orignal email for help and sent me a new link to download. It is all sorted now. Thank you for you time and if there is any more issues i will be sure to post them up. Cheers Craig