Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I found that codec vssv.ax was in conflict with other codecs packaged on my system.
Removed the packaged codecs and all seems to work fine now.
How something so simple could be so complicated is beyond me.
You may want to pass this on to the customer service people because they never asked about codecs when researching the problem and indeed that was the problem.
I just hope this helps others with the same problem in the future.
Regards,
Chris
Thanks for the help.
I have not heard back from Cyberlink but JVC sent me an updated software disk. Power Director and Power Producer, and Power DVD are working in their updated versions but Power Cinema now crashes when I try to view a video. Any Ideas?
Regards,
Chris
PD Version 5.0.0.2627
C. Kasler
Simplwish@aol.com
Customer Service will know me well as I have been going at this for 3 plus weeks now.
Thanks for the help.
I am sure there were negotiations regarding the products.
Who's fault old software is being bundled with new cameras is between them.
The problem is the 2008 Everio was packaged with PD 5NE.
I only have the camera less than three months and it should work, period.
I would love to give you the version # but I can't open the program at all.
The 2009 will be packaged with 6.
I would purchase 7 but who is to say that will work on my my system and why should I pay for something I contracted for free with the purchase of my camera.Principal is more the issue right now than money.
I have purchased products prior to this with no problems and have no other software issues at all.
I have been in touch with Cyberlink customer support for 3 weeks or better now with no results.
The problem may very well be a conflict with something on my pc, however PD4 worked just fine.It does not recognize Mod. files, though.
To date no solution has been reached.
I understand there is talk with Microsoft for the implementation of Mod. and Tod. features as per my discussion with management at JVC.
It will be interesting to see where Cyberlink fits into this if a deal is reached down the road.
Sometimes the winner in negotiations is the next guy who picks up the pieces.
Would you be kind enough to expand on what hangs the program from opening?"Of course they have have" doesn't quite resolve the issue.
I have done everything asked to no avail.
I have also contacted JVC corporate management regarding the issue and was quite suprised at the interest they took in this problem as the 2009 Everios will be launched publicly very soon, also with bundled software.
It appears the requests by consumers for better working, upgraded software have left a backorder on replacement software being offered by JVC to address this problem.This in itself is not good for Cyberlink.
As suggested in a previous post I would most certainly conscider an upgrade if the original product worked with my system first, as I have used Cyberlink products before with no issues.
The purpose of the bundled version is suppose to make the editing process easier which is a strong selling point for the Everio series.
Though some may be looking for proffessional software the majority of the public, myself included, is looking for simplicity.
My system is very much up to date with the exception of Vista for which I have gladly pass on at this time.
Please note that there are other forums that have covered this topic so my problem is not isolated and has yet to be resolved and or a resolution posted where publicly available.
Your solution, providing it does not require a fee for upgrade, would be appreciated as a packaged software marketed with another product for retail sale in the United States should work right, straight out of the box!
Regards
I too have tried everything suggested by cyberlink staff and have had no luck.
Only Power Director will not work.
Has anyone gotten this thing to work?
Go to: