Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector Express NE will not open
Randy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 25, 2007 13:24 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have seen a lot of posts from folks having trouble getting PowerDirector Express NE to open. I am having the same difficulty. I have tried all the suggestions that I found so far on this forum: re-installed (4 times), changed OLRSubmission to just Submission, removed IE7, ensured I was running Service Pak 2, downloaded the update, restarted my machine numerious times but still PowerDirector will not open. PowerDVD and PowerProducer are working fine. Please help.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Just to convince me..please uninstall - reinstall following the instruction below:

Try the following way to re-install PowerDirector:
a.) Start--> Programs -->Cyberlink PowerDirector --> Uninstall PowerDirector
b.) Start --> Run --> type "regedit" --> click "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" --> click "Software" --> locate "Cyberlink" ----> click the "+" (if you have more than one CyberLink product) -->Delete the "PowerDirector" folder
c.) Start --> Run --> type "regedit"--> click "Hkey_Current_user" --> click
"Software" --> locate "Cyberlink" ----> click the "+" (if you have more than one CyberLink product) -->Delete "PowerDirector" folder.
d.) Delete C:\Programs Files\Cyberlink\PowerDirector
And reboot your PC.
After this, please install your PowerDirector

PM me your full name, email address and country - include the url to this posting.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
j [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 31, 2007 17:31 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
And yet another who has problems. Since October we cannot access the files we had previously done. We cannot open the files in any format at all. The completed files which included music have....cleared the music and made the pictures...."unclick" into each other. What a mess and what a waste of time and valuable beautiful memories....lost!!!
Any hlep would be so appreciated. What should we be doing?
Jo

RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi J

You have put your question on 4 links, this is a complete waste of time.

Start a new link and detail exactly what your problem is, your question as written is totally meaningless.
What product are you talking about, what version and build number,
Explain what happened and what you were doing at the time.
What type of files are you talking about, what format, have they been saved to your hard drive, a lot of problems occur, because you move the location of a file and the program cannot find it.
Give us a chance to help you,

Regards

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
j [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 31, 2007 17:31 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you...at least it got some response. We have tried so many avenues for help and last night I came across the forum and in desperation put the help plea. I will find all the things you said and psot them but please do give us poor souls some leeway without being so harsh.
Jo
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Jo,

Here's how it goes on a forum - YOU DO NOT SPAM - that's multiple post the same message on a forum under different heading - that's general forum etiquette you'll find throughout the web!

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 04. 2008 15:45

Alesha [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 01, 2007 12:17 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Ok. so I was having the same problems randy was having and at first it still did not open. I opened it from the programs list and it opens but Im getting the same errors before it went kablooie.

c:\hp\tmp\src\setup\PhotoGallery\

is not found. I cant seem to open my videos and I get this message.

photo gallery.msi cannot be found
please help
Keith [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 04, 2008 13:20 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Has there been a resolution to this issue yet. I just recently got a JVC gz-hd7u and it came with the Cyberlink bundle. Power director express does not seem to want to open. I have the same issue as described by others: see http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/1014.page . I have a new workstation HP xw4400. I have tried the reinstall.. but it did not work. any ideas?

kb
david [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 12, 2008 08:59 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
just bought a everio 330 and have registered with cyberlink. my cd key from the registration wont activate the programme,
Any ideas as i am hopless with this stuff
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Installation of the bundled NE product should be to the OS on C drive. Anywhere else and you have the above installation activation issues.

I use PowerDirector 6, my brain is not reverse compatible to recall functions on earlier or packaged bundles. I would encourage anyone using an earlier version to upgrade asap.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 12. 2008 09:31

david [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 12, 2008 08:59 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
dont know what OS on C drive means
Aaron [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 06, 2008 03:24 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Are there any updates available for this older version?
C [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 14, 2008 16:34 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I too have tried everything suggested by cyberlink staff and have had no luck.
Only Power Director will not work.
Has anyone gotten this thing to work?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Of course they have!
C [Avatar]
[Post New]
Would you be kind enough to expand on what hangs the program from opening?"Of course they have have" doesn't quite resolve the issue.
I have done everything asked to no avail.
I have also contacted JVC corporate management regarding the issue and was quite suprised at the interest they took in this problem as the 2009 Everios will be launched publicly very soon, also with bundled software.
It appears the requests by consumers for better working, upgraded software have left a backorder on replacement software being offered by JVC to address this problem.This in itself is not good for Cyberlink.
As suggested in a previous post I would most certainly conscider an upgrade if the original product worked with my system first, as I have used Cyberlink products before with no issues.
The purpose of the bundled version is suppose to make the editing process easier which is a strong selling point for the Everio series.
Though some may be looking for proffessional software the majority of the public, myself included, is looking for simplicity.
My system is very much up to date with the exception of Vista for which I have gladly pass on at this time.
Please note that there are other forums that have covered this topic so my problem is not isolated and has yet to be resolved and or a resolution posted where publicly available.
Your solution, providing it does not require a fee for upgrade, would be appreciated as a packaged software marketed with another product for retail sale in the United States should work right, straight out of the box!
Regards
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok,
The deal struck between JVC and CyberLink I presume is one the two parties negotiated. The number of functions, capabilities and interaction of the product being part of the negotiations. Function out of the box - sure it should, there have been issues and I know CyberLink rectified this some time ago. The post here is 6 months old - that's the last time I posted here prior to answering your question.

Contact Customer support - and state what the issue is. They are the first place to contact in your situation - including supplying a replacement software IF they feel it necessary.
http://www.cyberlink.com/english/cs/support/new_site/support_index.html

Please look in:
Open PD
About > help
In your next post please provide the version details of PD - I'll use it to find out what the situation is with CS.

I would add that the FULL version of PowerDirector 7 is way way better than the Express version you're likely to be playing with and if you had the latest version would enhance your editing a great deal.

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 21. 2008 06:55

C [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am sure there were negotiations regarding the products.
Who's fault old software is being bundled with new cameras is between them.
The problem is the 2008 Everio was packaged with PD 5NE.
I only have the camera less than three months and it should work, period.
I would love to give you the version # but I can't open the program at all.
The 2009 will be packaged with 6.
I would purchase 7 but who is to say that will work on my my system and why should I pay for something I contracted for free with the purchase of my camera.Principal is more the issue right now than money.
I have purchased products prior to this with no problems and have no other software issues at all.
I have been in touch with Cyberlink customer support for 3 weeks or better now with no results.
The problem may very well be a conflict with something on my pc, however PD4 worked just fine.It does not recognize Mod. files, though.
To date no solution has been reached.
I understand there is talk with Microsoft for the implementation of Mod. and Tod. features as per my discussion with management at JVC.
It will be interesting to see where Cyberlink fits into this if a deal is reached down the road.
Sometimes the winner in negotiations is the next guy who picks up the pieces.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Go to:
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector Express
Locate PDX.exe
Right Click
Select Properties > Version tab read "File version"

If you have another version of PD
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector
Locate PDR.exe
Right Click
Select Properties > Version tab read "File version"

While I understand the frustration you're feeling, I cant act for you to CyberLink CS without some useful information (as above) and full name and email address which I would pass on.

All I can do here is pass the information on.

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 22. 2008 08:08

C [Avatar]
[Post New]
PD Version 5.0.0.2627
C. Kasler
Simplwish@aol.com
Customer Service will know me well as I have been going at this for 3 plus weeks now.
Thanks for the help.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have passed it on.

Dafydd