Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I'm frustrated that no matter at which point of the object I grap and dragb to resize it, the object expands or decreases proportionally in ALL directions.
Is there a way to resize an object upward and outward only, once you've placed it on your baseline? This would be so helpful when trying to align frames/PiP.
Quote Mark,

This is Jim, the original poster. I completed my first virtual choir and am about to start on my second. In my first, I did not get to the point of creating the kind of visual effects and transitions you're asking about, but I have an idea that I will be trying out: render ("Produce") the full video or portions of the the video. If you do it in portions, create different scenes throughout, i.e., section 1, only sopranos on screen; section 2, only altos, etc. Then import them back into your're project. (I believe PowerDirector actually imports them automatically.) Then put them on their own tracks in the project, replacing the individual singers' tracks (or just uncheck the boxes on the far left). You should then be able to apply effects and transitions to those newly imported clips. You could also import these newly rendered clilps into a new project and do the work there, which might be easier/cleaner.

I probably won't start work on my next one for several weeks, so if you try this, let me know how it works.

Jim

Thanks, Jim. This approach, while time-consuming, will work. I'll give it a try.
Quote Thank you, Ash, for your helpful article.

In the video sample you provided the players remain in the same place on the screen the entire time.

How do you add simultaneous motion to groups or rows of singers, like they do at the 1:33 point of this video:
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=indianapolis+symphonic+choir+virtual+choir&docid=13985685991269&mid=A92C40663F0D1EFB6176A92C40663F0D1EFB6176&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

Do you have to apply motion to each individual clip or can you create groups of clips that all move with synchronicity?

Thank you for referring me to that article. Unfortunately, it did not address how one can group multiple PiPs/frames and simultaneously move the group.

I'm still having to create motion for each individual PiP/frame.

Mark
Thank you, Ash, for your helpful article.

In the video sample you provided the players remain in the same place on the screen the entire time.

How do you add simultaneous motion to groups or rows of singers, like they do at the 1:33 point of this video:
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=indianapolis+symphonic+choir+virtual+choir&docid=13985685991269&mid=A92C40663F0D1EFB6176A92C40663F0D1EFB6176&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

Do you have to apply motion to each individual clip or can you create groups of clips that all move with synchronicity?

Quote It's interesting that you asked, as I just finished reading this new article posted by CyberLink about different ways to create just that kind of video:

https://www.cyberlink.com/prog/learning-center/detail.do?product=powerdirector-video-editing-software&uniqueId=3039&urlName=how-to-make-a-virtual-concert-with-powerdirector&isDraft=1&pid=8509

You can also check out the video posted by a Cyberlink user in the article, which has a link to their blog about making the video.

30 videos will be very taxing on your hard drive, so I hope your computer is up for the challenge.

Let us know if you have any trouble or questions. That article does a decent job showing you three different ways you can try and also some helpful tips.

Ash
Go to: