Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

I am using a AVC MPEG 4 1920 x 1080 3Mbps and it was going to be around 15 minutes to produce so I stopped it. It slowed noticeably when the scrolling text came on screen. This setting creates a pefectly good 1070p video that works nicely with Vimeo and is usually under 200MB

I see now that I have a nVidia 456.55 driver so I will update it and try again. Version 18 still does this much faster as it has always done.

I've just discovered that the update didn't actually install. I have run it again and it has definitely installed this time and now it renders the file with my usual settings in 2 minutes 22 seconds. Thank goodness for that and thanks optodata for your continued interest and help.
Quote What profile are you producing to?

I just produced your shared project to AVC MPEG-4 2K 2048x1536/30p (40 Mbps) and it took 4:20 and produced a 1.1GB file. I also produced to the similar default HEVC (30Mbps) profile and it took 5 seconds longer and produced a 945MB clip.

I'm using the most recent nVidia Studio Driver (457.30) but there are newer Game Ready drivers out.

I am using a AVC MPEG 4 1920 x 1080 3Mbps and it was going to be around 15 minutes to produce so I stopped it. It slowed noticeably when the scrolling text came on screen. This setting creates a pefectly good 1070p video that works nicely with Vimeo and is usually under 200MB

I see now that I have a nVidia 456.55 driver so I will update it and try again. Version 18 still does this much faster as it has always done.

Denoise, graphic- and animation-intense titles and extensive use of LUTs are the reasons for slow rendering.
Less is more, seems to be the motto for faster rendering ;-)
Useful link: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/83077.page#342648

Just installed the new update which seems to make absolutely no difference to the rendering speed as per my original post. Version 18 is still vastly superior. What a waste of money version 19 seems to be.
Quote Dears,

Im using PD since 3 years now. SUbscription and just update to 19.

There are some huge differences in rendering movie, depending on
GPU usage. Globally when using titles I found 19 to be slower than 18,
but as I no linger have access to 18 (subs. upgrade...), I don't kown
about the factor...

I have a I7 8700k @ 4.7 GHz, Nvidia GTX 960

Just to give an idea/benchmarks on clips rendering with titles:

a 18 sec clip + a title with the same length + music clip same lenth

just rendering the clip+music to title, SVRT available: redering time: 1 sec

with a a title from "minimal titles pack", SVRT not available, Material encoding: rendering time 9 sec , average GPU load 45%

with a title from "Broadcast pack", SVRT not available, Material encoding: rendering time 39 sec , average GPU load 5%

with simple scrolling title, SVRT not available, Material encoding: rendering time 1min 5 sec , average GPU load 5%

very good results with "social netw title" pack, as the "minimal titles pack"

very good results with "Graphical animation" pack, as the "minimal titles pack"

bad results with "Tut creation" pack as "Broadcast pack"

bad results with "Music festival" pack as "Broadcast pack"

As you can see, some huges differences... so try the titles working
the best ... but we should have in 2020, far better and homogeneous
perf. across any titles with full GPU support !!!!

I will mail this to CB, and check their answer...(certainely ask me
for tons of files as I previously did for a crash issue, for a poor
answer..)
bruno

So far I am getting poor answers from them as well. Telling me to change the driver for my video card which is less than a month old. It made no difference. Giving me a link to update an Intel driver that my computer refused saying it was not validated for my machine. Not very impressed with them trying shift the blame when PD18 works perfectly and PD19 takes twice as long to render anything with scrolling text in it.

I just wanted to follow-up that the issue I was seeing of PD19 being ~1.5X slower than PD18 for CPU decode/encode has been resolved. I now see nearly unity ratios for PD19/PD18 for all render configurations. For some reason the Virus Protection software I use had an anomaly with PD19. It had no such issue with PD18, 17, 16. In fact, after resolution, the PD18 encode times are identical, it only reduced PD19 encode times.

Jeff

This doesn't work for me I still have the problem after adding an exception for PD19 and also after completely disabling the antivirus programme. A similar exercise with Malwarebytes also solved nothing.
Quote Ok, this is what I did and it seemed to help dramatically. I uninstalled the original download for the 365 suscription update for PD 19. Then, I reinstalled it. It seems to have dramatically increased my rendering speed. Perhaps the original download was corrupted. You may want to try this.

I don't have the 365 version but downloading a fresh version of PD19 and uninstalling my existing PD19 and reinstalling it has made no difference to me at all. It still renders slowly if there is any text and more so if there is scrolling text. If I render the same film without text of any kind it will do it in about 1 minute 20 seconds whereas with text it's over 15 minutes. I am using PD18 again at the moment which works fine.

Cyberlink definitely have a problem. I just hope that they acknowledge it and fix it!
After having some food and calming down a bit I have replied to their ticket response and sent them the link to the project.
I've just had the useless standard reply to my ticket as well. I explained that I had tried an older video driver because of their programme and they tell me my driver is out of date as though I have said nothing. These are just standard replies and Cyberlink is just another in that long line of companies who don't actually read what the customer has written.

The standard reply tells me to turn off my anti-virus. So PD19 can't run with an anti virus programme and PD18 can?

Do I have to jump through more hoops or is my project going to be passed on to them?

I'm pretty sick of this already.
Quote Probably have to wait for a few other users to see what happens for them if they understand the settings options. Would be interesting to see if it affected the OP issue too. Many posts starting to appear on poor encode performance so potentially many things at play, like scrolling titles yet again.

Two possible differences in this small test case, 365 vs perpetual and AMD vs Intel CPU. I did try 456.38 with no significant change as expected, I doubt the issue is on the GPU side. I also tried an older GTX 1070 which shed no additional insight as the issue occurs with pure CPU encode and decode.

Jeff

Scrolling titles appear to be my problem as well. Rendering crawls from the point where they start. Didn't have the problem with PD18.

Hello Chris_T53,

If you are still experiencing this issue in a project in PowerDirector 19, can you please do this:

1. Open the project in PowerDirector 19.

2. Go to the "File" menu in the edit window and then select "Pack Project Materials".

3. Save the packed project on your desktop.

4. Upload the packed project to Google Drive or some other cloud sharing service.

5. Reply back with the link to download the project.

We'd like to send the project to CyberLink for testing. Can you also tell us your CS ticket so we can pass that along for reference as well.

Let us know
Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Thanks very much
The CS Ticket is CS002226329
and the link is
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/icpc4kp6mlv2fjb/AAC0tYTyEI98KZ-UVXnXn6Sga?dl=0

I rendered a 2.5 minute video with titles all the way through and it took 22 minutes and 51 seconds to render at 1080p 30fps. I then replaced the titles with transparent PNGs created elsewhere and it rendered in 38 seconds - and looked just as good.

Hmm, I wonder if there is anything that could do rolling text transparent PNGs.

Weird indeed. I've been doing many videos like this a week for my work, and suddenly they take so long to edit and render that I've had to find work-arounds with other software. I raised a ticket but got a pretty standard reply.

Oh dear, I've raised a ticket as well. It doesn't sound promising. Luckily I was able to rescue the video and finish it in PD18 which renders it in a few minutes. It looks as though I am back to PD18 and I have wasted my money.

Have you used any titling? If so, is it by any chance at about the 45 seconds mark? It is titles that have made PD19 almost unusable for me. I can see when it reaches the titles because it suddenly slows to a crawl.

Now you mention it yes. It's a film of an original song with rolling lyrics against a number of still images and the rolling text starts at around 45 seconds. Isn't it weird that PD18 copes with it with ease.
I have just 'upgraded' and I find that Rendering is slow, it seems to stutter every so often at a reasonable speed but when it gets to about 45 seconds into the video it gets really slow. I've read that video card drivers can play a part in this so I have just rolled back to a June driver for my Nvidia RTX 2060 to no effect. Can anyone shed any light on this or was I stupid to have changed from version 18 due to the carrot of a lifetime license and some dubious improvements?
Go to: