Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Using PowerDirector 7 build 1714, I was also getting the audio out of synchronization with the video on longer videos.

Cyberlink sent a link to build 1829. I followed the uninstall instructions posted earlier in this thread, given in Forum 2405.

I am using Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3. I downloaded Windows Installer 4.5 from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5A58B56F-60B6-4412-95B9-54D056D6F9F4&displaylang=en
Note be sure to select the correct installer for your operating system.

After installing Installer 4.5, a reboot is necessary.

I then installed PD7 build 1829. In my case, I chose to create a new pds file, and not use one created in a prior build.

I found build 1829 to be significantly more stable than build 1714. I was no longer getting the "Windows has encountered and error and needs to close" type of error after editing a video file for about 30 minutes or so.

The sequence that I found that works best for me in creating a video is:
1. Set Edit, Preferences to 16:9 format.
2. Load the video clips to the library.
3. Move the clips to the timeline.
4. Do all of the clip trimming first.
5. Add Titles. I found it works better to add the title, set the duration, and then set the font and content. Instead of copying the title to the next title, I use the same sequence to create the next title.
6. Set the Chapters manually. I strive for approximately 10 minute intervals between Chapters. Have a plan and set them in sequential order.
7. Rename the Chapters using short names.
8. When going to Burn, first check the length. Use HQ quality if possible.
9. Set the folder for the ISO image files.
10. In the Menu screen, set the Menu Chapters heading for all Menu pages, then set the Menu title for the home page.
11. Save once again.
12. Burn with selection to both DVD and File folder.
13. Check the completed DVD before burning any additional copies.

Note that I do a save about every 15 minutes of editing. I also increment the pds filename before each major step in the above process. That way I am able to go back to a prior step, if I make a mistake.

I still need to try the tests to see if the audio sync issue is related to the selection of Smart Fit or HQ.

For those using build 1829, are you having audio problems with both Smart Fit and HQ quality settings? I realize that HQ can only be used if the files will fit 4.7 GB without further compression.
When I try to attach documentation for Deluxe versus Ultra attached as PDF file of 646 kB size, I get a blank screen, showing done, but it does not post to the Forum. Are there any suggestions for what I am doing wrong?
I contacted customer service about the Deluxe versus Ultra.

Question ID CS000534226
Customer Support vCGaurav
Last login time 2008/07/12 05:50
First login time 2008/07/11 18:33
Product PowerDirector

Wesley R. Richardson Asked 2008/07/11 18:33
PD7 Ultra vs Deluxe
I paid for PowerDirector 7 Ultra on
order xxxx2700, however in Help,
About, it shows PowerDirector Deluxe
7.00.1714. I believe the wrong download
file was provided to me. Please send
the current build for the Ultra version.

Please let me know how I can submit the
screenshot file showing the "Deluxe."
vCGaurav Reply 2008/07/11 18:45
Dear Wesley,

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Online Support.

We understand your concern related with PowerDirector.

Regarding your issue, please note that when you launched the PowerDirector software then on the right hand side there is a preview window and above you will see PowerDirector name please click on it then it will show you the SR no Ultra.

You may also check in "About PowerDirector".

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

If you still face the same issue then use the below mentioned link to reply us:

index.jsp

<<<<<<<<<<<<

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products.

Thank You and Best Regards
Customer Service just ignored the issue.

I tried to attach the PDF files to show this information, and it was only 646 kB in size, but it did not attach, so I am reposting.

Wes
After reading the prior posts, I thought my PD7 also had said Deluxe. I checked and the Help, About does show PowerDirector Deluxe. I then checked my invoice, and it shows PowerDirector 7 Ultra.

I will send the documentation to Technical Support.

Wes
Hi Dafydd,

Thank you for the prompt response. I will check for your PM.

Wes
The following was submitted to Tech Support as a Question, but have not received a response.

Please make available to me PowerDirector 7 Ultra, Build v1829.

I currently have 7.00.1714 and continue to have problems with it. I have tried all of the Tech Support suggestions and the Forum suggestions.

Open issues:
1. On a 3 hour video, sound on later clips is out of sync with images. On a 2 hour video sound on later clips is also out of sync with images. Using Smart-Fit.
2. When I burn to either file folder or DVD, Windows encounters an error and needs to close.
3. If I add Chapters, then change a Title on a clip that is also a Chapter, then the burn never completes. It fails anywhere between 21% and 98% done, and either stops processing or I get a burn failure.
4. If I use Color, Lighting adjustment, I cannot burn to either a file folder or DVD.

Source files are 1920x1080 taken on a Canon HF10 video camera. Output is to DVD-RW with current firmware. OS is Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (SP3). 4 GB RAM, 100 GB hard drive free. Lite-On DVD-R DL firmware is updated to current 04 version. Have done the uninstall, delete registry entries, reinstall, does not correct problems.

I have contacted Tech Support three times, trying to get a resolution. The information above was submitted to Tech Support. It showed in My Inquires as Time Sent 2008/07/09 Time Answered 2008/07/09, but on July 10 when I clicked on the Question ID, it said that it could not find the file. On July 11, the Question ID is no longer showing in My Inquires. Previous Question ID were CS000530530. The last entry no longer shows on the page.

This software has been very frustrating to use, and Tech Support appears to sending generic responses, and not reviewing the history of my previous submissions.

I started using PowerDirector 7 Ultra because it was reviewed as the best software, but in my case, there appear to be multiple problems with it.

Wes
Go to: