Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote ^^

here's one from PowerDirector University https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LhR5EWcpp4 and CyberLink tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhZwUJs9x_M .

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

Thanks to both of you. The SVRT seems like a nice tool. Unfortunately however: When I import my video from the camera into PowerDirector, then it is one clip. Then I trim this clip by cutting away a small part of the last part of the video using "Split Timeline" and deleting the last part of the clip I don't want.

When I then rightclick on an empty part of the timeline and choose "Show SVRT Track", then the entire clip is shown in red, probably because there is only one clip and it have been edited. So it seems like I cannot use SVRT in this situation ... if you don't have other ideas to overcome this issue ...

Erik
Quote You may want to try SVRT as shown in this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_-NhCYJ_0g . This may not work if the video came from a phone because of the variable frame rate on some but should work if from a camera or camcorder.

About selling cars??

Erik V.
I am a newbie in Video. I succeded in trimming a mp4 video from my digital camera using PowerDirector 15. A small part in the end of the video had to be cut away. Afterwards I pressed the "Produce" button and chose H.264 AVC with mpeg-4 with resolution 1280 x 720 pixels, identical to the original video. The result was a mp4 video with the unnecessary part cut away, but unfortunately I ended up with a file which was almost the double size. I was expecting it to be a bit smaller, with the same quaility.

Is there a way NOT to have the video reprocessed through filters, when the only thing done to the movie is trimming it?

Regards,

Erik V.
Quote Those thumbnails appear on all the videos that I have produced and uploaded to YouTube. Just use YouTube to host your videos.

Yes but I wanted to have those videos on my own homepage. Rights etc. ...
If anybody knows how to produce those thumbnails, I would like to know.

Regards,

Erik V.
Quote It would be helpful if you post some links to webpages that have those thumbnails that you are talking about. You can also let us know the hosting websites that have them available.

Hi Tomasc. Thanks for your quick reaction. I have attached a screen image.

Erik V.
Dear people at CyberLink Forum

Let me first tell that I am a newbie to video. As a Teacher I want to produce some education-videos for my website. I can of course shoot mp4 with my digital camera and insert the files on a webpage. This approach is however not preferable. If the video is let's say 20 minutes in duration and the user wants to go quickly through it to find the place, where he/she want to listen. Then it can become quite cumbersome. Then I was inspired by how they do on YouTube. After opening the video, a thumbnail appears, when the cursor is touching the "timeline". That way the user can quickly find the appropriate moment to begin watching the video.

Now, I don't know if these thumbnails have been created as part of the video or they are activated by some html/javascript code on the website? Anyway does PowerDirector have a tool to produce such a video with thumbnails eventually by creating the necessary code for the website?

NB! I know "video preview thumbnails" sometimes also might refer to the process when the user hover over a thumbnail for a video before the video is opened, which can create a short series of thumbnails showing the content of the video. I am however interested in the thumbnails being shown when the video is opened/running and the cursor points on the "timeline".

I hope someone can help clarify something here ...

NB! At the moment I have a license for PwerDirector 15.

Regards,

Erik V.
Go to: