Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Here is the same bike ride in 2.7k but at 60 fps. I see little difference over 30. It's a shame that fast moving gopro footage can't actually be seen by anyone at its actual quality unless directly sending the person the entire file. What is the point of all this great tech when you can't even show it to anyone? the only alternative is to pay for vimeo account (that's if they even solve the problem) and that is not cheap.

2.7 k go pro 60fps
I upscaled the 2.7k to 4k with PD. Can you see an improvement?

rendering upscale 2.7k to 4k
Here is screenshot from youtube frame

youtube screen shot

Screenshot of PD render at same time stamp

PD render screen shot

screenshot of original go pro footage

Gopro original 2.7k

You can see there are 3 levels of quality: youtube is the worst, then PD, then original.
Quote I'm not seeing that, but 47 minutes is a very long video to wade through looking for minor (and fleeting) imperfections.

Can you point out 2 or 3 timestamps where you really notice the blockiness? Can you also check the produced video from PD at the same location to see if the artifacts are also present there or if it's only on the YT version?

You certainly can try upscaling to 4K and see if YT will give you a more palatable 1440 version. However it will take much longer to produce and upload, so I'd recommend producing a Range Select on a section of your timeline where you're seeing some noticeable blockiness and see how that turns out first.

1:55- 2:22

2:54 - 4:14

The constant blurring/smearing of the pavement about ten feet in front of the bike. This is not on the original at all. I watched this on 55' TV and it becomes even more annoying. Could even see it on static backgroun of the sky, clouds, mountains. I just can't believe youtube calls this 1440p. If you only watch on a phone, then I guess you won't see too much of this, but even on my 27" monitor or ipad, it's really visible.
Here is my finished video. This looks far from great to me. The amount of artifacts and blocking In the pavement is much too high. There is none of that in the original video. 264 and 265 versions look the same. Is there no way to clean this up or is this a fact of life with youtube? It can't handle any fast motion. I don't usually film anything moving fast so this is the first time I have really seen how bad it gets.

Maybe I should render the 2.7 k files n 4k?

https://youtu.be/XdtbhQGUoxg
Quote I get similar good results when using the Profile Analyzer - identical to the original clip and very quick producing:

Here's the much smaller produced version (because of the lower bit rate). Looks like Vancouver BC

yes, Vancouver. So what is the recommended PD codec for youtube? 264 or 265? I tried uploading a 264 version now and waiting for it to process. See if is any different from 265. It seems I have to expect degradation from youtube, especially with fast moving footage.
Here's a full clip. If too big, I will add a smaller one shortly. Thanks!

Full go pro original clip
Quote I had watched the test from above YT link, at 2K, and IMO it looks OK.
There is some blur on certain objects and ghosting on objects that are passig with high speed on sides (but that's to be expected at 30FPS). The YT codec is VP9/Opus.

Thanks for testing and making a clip but I have made an error or the program did. I split my go pro file using a splitter to make a smaller upload, and looking at the split file now, it is showing bit rate at over 100000. no idea how that happened. The orignal go pro clip is 45000. I will have to reload a complete file from gopro, and the smallest one is 3.7 gigs, standard for gopro file breaks.
Here is short clip from original go pro footage.

Gopro 2.7 k sample
Quote Shatnershairpiece

The best option is Produce using SVRT, but unfortunately it is not working as it should in PD18, I have already submitted a complaint for support, they say they are working to solve the problem.
You should consider that all rendering on PD and YouTube almost always makes the video quality a little worse.

I can't even choose svrt. It will only allow 'hardware video encoder.'
Okay, will,try this out. How do I know how GoPro 7 recorded my file? I see no indicators when looking at details of the file, other than telling me it's an mp4. I see no setting within GoPro either to find how the file is recorded.

I did do performance optimization and the settings are the same as what I used. The main problem seems to be that even if I get the video to look the same as original, YouTube can't match it. It is severely downgraded.
I used he265 rendering at 30000 bitrate for a 2.7 k (go pro 7) 29 FPS video at 44000 bit rate. It is full of artifacts (sunny day filming) even though it is 13 gigs for 56 minutes. Why does the bitrate setting in 265 only allow 10000-38800? I can't even match my original bitrate? I used quality settings over speed, deblocking on.

The original GoPro file looks great. The rendered pd 18 file is not as good, and the youtube upload is worse. I ride a bike at 10mph and the road detail is totally pixelated. It has lost 2 levels of quality.

I am trying again at 38800, but don't expect much difference from 30000 to 38800. Why is YouTube video full of artifacts? It has fully processed and shows full range of view options from 720-2k.

can youtube not process 2.7 k video properly?

i tried again at full 38800 bit rate and it still looks worse than Original go pro footage. (and this is before uploading to youtube) Blocky, blurry artifacts all over the street as it moves past. Makes it look like I have a smear on my camera lens. Is there no way to match original 2.7 k go pro footage quality? I paid a lot of my money for cyberlink and can't believe it can't process better than this in a brand new top of the line power pc. The only other option to try now is to turn off 'fast video rendering' and wait 7 hours to process an hour long video, which is ridiculous.
Go to: