Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
So I got a new download of PowerDVD 8 Ultra after losing my data from a bad hard drive(had a back-up on a CD, but IDK where that went), and when I tried to run it it said it needed an update. Given the problems with updates to this program before, I was reluctant and clicked "No," hoping to be whisked directly and happily to my movie. Sadly this was not the case. The update message kept rearing its ugly head, so I caved in and downloaded and even installed the latest update. Big mistake on my part, because now PowerDVD won't even open.
Firmware and drivers are all up to date. Before this update everything worked fine.
So I bought X-Men Origins: Wolverine on Blu-ray today, and when I tried to run it I got the message that I needed an update. So I went to the address (cyberlink.com/bdupdate), downloaded and installed the patch and now my PowerDVD 8 Ultra will not play any Blu-ray discs. NONE! It gives an error saying "There is a disc with an unsupported format in drive E:" It won't even play DVDs!
Any ideas?
When I try to play a standard DVD in PowerDVD 8 Ultra the video flickers. There is no flickering with Blu-ray discs, and PDVD is the only player that has his problem. Windows Media Player / Media Center, VLC play DVD fine. I've tried changing every setting I can think of and even did a clean reinstall of PDVD to no avail. Anyone have a solution to get this problem resolved?
Yeah, that got it done. Thanks a heap!
Creeping up on 2 days since my purchase and still no closer to a solution. Have not heard back from CS since their request for information from my invoice over a day ago.
Yeah, did that, just though maybe I was doing something wrong with the installation or a forum member might have an answer. Still waiting to hear back from support.
Purchased the upgrade from the OEM version that came with my Lite-On Blu-Ray player. Got the key and file downloaded no problem, but when I try to run the upgrade it uninstalls the previous version and then does nothing. Try to run the installer again and I get the message about a previous version needing to be installed. Am I doing something wrong or did I get screwed out of $90?
Go to: