Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I will re-post it here for your viewing pleasure.

PowerDVD 9 Ultra
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
intel Core i7 920
6GB Corsair DDR3 1600MHz RAM
More hard drive space than I know what to do with
nVidia GeForce GTX 285 1GB Edition (eVGA if it matters to you)

PowerDVD 9 likes to show me a small screen when I insert a Blu-Ray disc. This small screen has a progressbar on it which goes to 99% and stops (it says "Loading Disc..."). It never gets any further. It does this over and over.

PDVD9 then proceeds to freeze up and must be killed via task manager. I have to repeat this process over and over until the disc finally finishes loading and I can actually watch the movie. It happens on EVERY movie.

As a note, this does not happen with any other product (ArcSoft's solution loads fine). This needs to be looked into NOW, as it has been happening since I "upgraded" to version 9.

Get on the ball here, CyberLink. You guys are seriously slacking when it comes to stuff like this. It is getting really, really old. Especially considering what it costs to buy this software.
I had this problem before as well.

After much searching and reading through error codes and even 2 reinstalls of PowerDVD, I found this to finally resolve installer issues for me.

http://ctrlf5.net/?p=152
To be quite honest, you were NOT clear or OBVIOUS in any way. You spoke like you were a three year old holding a crayon, scribbling on construction paper trying to tell mommy and daddy what you were thinking.

You asked if anyone was using PDVD9 and the Xonar together and if they had success. Sounded more like you may have tried to use them together and ran into problems while doing so, but were somehow too obtuse to figure it out.

In other words: Be move verbose and don't attack the people who are willing to try and help you out when you post in a forum for support type questions. It's generally a bad idea.

So, to answer your question... yes, it is compatible. You may have issues doing so as some parts of the Xonar driver do not play well with PowerDVD, but they do work together.
Typical of Best Buy.

Sell you a machine, attempt to restore it for you and lose all of your data in the process (because they truly are terrible at this sort of thing) and then tell you that it's a shame and too bad you will never see it all again.

However, if they built it and it's still under warranty they need to and have an obligation to replace it to the state it was in when you walked out of the store with it originally.

Barring that... CyberLink is usually pretty helpful. If you can somehow PROVE to them you had a legitimate copy, they are more than happy to assist you in recovering your key(s).

Good luck with this. I hope it all works out for you.
Most machines that come with bundled software have some way to get it back if you lose it. Either by way of a rescue/recover disc or a partition on your hard drive dedicated to restoring it to a factory state.

So... you can either contact the people who built your computer and ask them, or you can look for the rescue options mentioned above.
TMT?

Also... think you could explain more about what it is you are trying to do or are having trouble trying to do?
Your CD-key is incorrect.
Please try again. (0x80040154)

I keep getting this error message when I try to activate my PowerDVD 7.0 OEM 6ch. Anyone else get this and have a solution?

I've sent Cyberlink a picture of my CD and Key, but haven't heard back yet. Just wondering if anyone else has seen/dealt with this error and maybe can tell me how to fix it.

This copy came with my Asus Xonar D2. If that helps any.

Thanks!
Go to: