Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Hi Esmeweatherwax -

Is there something faulty with the program?

I have the same options here, whether Lightning/Lightning 2 is applied directly to the clip or added to the FX track. Is it possible you've inserted a different effect?

Cheers - Tony

Hi Tony

I went back and found that out. Had been expecting the same settings for all the effects and they do seem to be different. Lots to learn!

Thanks for the reply, good to have it confirmed

Es
Assume maybe you mean PowerDirector. When the Fx is added on a video it applies for that entire clip duration, you can artificially adjust length by splitting clip or using keyframes to control the effect. The "Effect" button above the timeline allows adjustment of effect options.

When you apply an effect on the Fx track, you can change the effective length of it, some ways, drag, use duration, or keyframes. The "Modify" button above the timeline allows adjustment of effect options.

Jeff

Hi

Sorry, yes meant PowerDirector. Thanks, just one more question. I started a Udemy course to learn the basics and when the video showed the effects being used the program showed the same range of effects whether you put the effect in the timeline or in the video. When I had a go on mine there were only a few options when I put the effect in the effects track, and the full range when it was in the video. For instance I added lightning to a clip on the effects track I could only change size and position and when I placed it in the video I could change the colour as well. Is there something faulty with the program?
Hi, I'm an absolute beginner and I am having an issue with the effects. When I drop an effect into the effects track it comes up with only a limited number of options. When I put the effect into the video there are all the options but I don't know how to change the duration of the effect. Shouldn't I get all the effects options either way? Can someone help?
Go to: