Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks for the help. I ended up ordering a mid-range RX 6650 XT card. Hopefully when I get it installed Blu-rays should be good to go.
Newly-upgraded PC, and I haven't put a graphics card in it yet, just running off the on-board graphics

Running HD Blu-ray Advisor shows that (of course) there is no dual video hardware decoding (snip from advisor report below):

• Hardware Dual-Video Decoding Capability for H.264 : None
  • Hardware Dual-Video Decoding Capability for MPEG-2 : None
  • Hardware Dual-Video Decoding Capability for VC-1 : None
  • Dual Video Hardware Decoding (GPU) : None
  • PowerDVD 15 Ultra (Retail version) or above : Not found

All the other items are a pass.

I've only ever seen reference to "dual-video hardware decoding" in relation to PowerDVD. Is it an actual feature? Graphics cards specs don't mention it?

I'm shopping for an AMD Radeon card, probably a RX 6700 XT. Does this provide the hardware decoding I would need?

Also, for "PowerDVD 15 or above", the advisor says "not found". I have PowerDVD 19 Ultra installed, which was purchased as an upgrade. of an original retail product. It plays DVDs and other media fine.

What gives? I don't want to upgrade to 22 right now because if I can get Blu-ray working, 19 has everything I need.

Thanks.
Go to: