Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Does anyone have any suggestions for playing 4K HDR movies on a non-4K HDR monitor using PowerDVD 20? I expected the image to be darker than usual when playing a 4K HDR movie, but there doesn't seem to be a way to brighten the image. The video controls are disabled on the Settings>Video Enhancements dialog and using the graphics adapter settings distorts the image while making it brighter. The odd thing is I can play the same movie on VLC Media Player and it has no problem playing the movie with normal brightness. It is not HDR but it looks equivalent to a non-HDR blu-ray image in quality and is very watchable.
Is there some setting on PowerDVD that I am not aware of that will allow me to adjust the image's brightness? I'm also puzzled why a free video player like VLC Media Player can play a 4K HDR movie so well while PowerDVD 20 cannot.
I'm running PowerDVD20 on Windows 10 V.2004. My processor is an Intel Core i5-8500 with integrated graphics adapter UHD 630, and I have set the Intel SGX setting 'ON' in the motherboard BIOS.
Just to reiterate, I have no problem playing a 4K HDR movie, I just have no way to brighten the image.
Go to: