Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I'm trying to fix my issues with the support right now, but so far it was 2 or 3 rounds of "install latest drivers and send us dxdiag file". One more round of this and I'll refund my subscription for good.
PD will not use my NVidia GPU and just uses my on-board chip. And there is nothing they can do about it.
And this morning I'm back to square one.
The audio (as well as video) is laggy during the editing. Everything is incredibly slow (it wasn't that bad but then something has happened), there is no sound when I open project. But the renderer and the program in general has started using external GPU at last. No that it's particularly fast (it only utilizes from 5% o 11% of it), but still.

There is no new Studio driver for max-q (mobile) cards as of now. Am I supposed to hope that those will fix issues?

Hi,
I have information that the installation of the Nvidia “Studio” driver might address the issue. Could you try that and report back to see if the problem is solved?

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/151050/en-us

Thanks,
PowerDirector Moderator

I'm not that guy, but I also have this problem and I tried installing Studio driver for my NVidia RTX 2080 Max-Q and it made things even worse. Rolled back to Game Driver.

Overall usage of GPU during render and playback is not more than 5%, I wonder why not leverage GPU more? I tried with OpenCL and without - same same.

EDIT: Actually it started using internal GPU on my laptop and ignored GPU1 completely. I went and set the Performance GPU as a default for PD which made it use this external GPU (RTX 2080 max-q) but it didn't improve the performance. Also, any attempt to accelerate render or ever use "Optimize hardware" option is still triggering InteL GPU and not NVidia.

Interestingly enough, NVIdia COntrol Panel doesn't allow me to select NVidia graphics card for Power Director, despite any combination of setting for graphics cards in Windows itself.
Quote Why is my subscription to Power Director 365 charging me more than the advertised price?
It's more than $30 AUD more than the 25% off which is advertised ATM.
Just another dirty trick from Cyberlink? I have 2 days to get this sorted out.

Thanks

Just contact them directly, not on the forums, as it is a transaction issue. I'm sure they'll figure it out quick and refund you.

I had a PD 365 subscription and bought a Suite subscription a bit later and they've recalculated all my remaining subscription days and added them afterwards.
Hi. I had a problem, that I was trying to solve for a few weeks. It is solved now, so I'd like to share my experience for some other newbie to find later.

So I have a logo as a PNG image. It has a transparent background and some other transparent regions inside the logo (text, letters cutaway), which are then filled out by animation to create a handwriting effect.

To make it look like letters just appear on the canvas I use the same image but without cutaways as another layer behind the cut one. And for many-many days I was struggling with a black thin outline inside all transparent regions when I was adding the backdrop. I tried different formats, producing video, different colours, resolutions and the only thing that helped is the following.

Apparently, PD automatically adjusts project resolution (in the edit mode!) to be as big as possible based on the biggest video\image one has in ones project. After that - everything that is added to the project (like an image) is just stretched to fill the space. My original video clip was 2K video. When I added my image, which was a rectangle 1440 x 1440 - it was adjusted by PD to be within the video boundaries, which in its turn created artifacts in the bitmap, that were especially visible around transparency regions.

So I had to start over. I had to create a blank image of a 4K resolution (just in case and to fit my whole image, but you just select a standard resolution that fits your project - e.g. the resolution you plan to actually produce your videos in). I've centred my logo inside this new image just the way it should be positioned on the screen in my video. I then created a new project and made sure that this image was added to the project first. Then I also made the same steps for the background layer. and voila - no artifacts! And now I can add my logo to my other projects without those artifacts as well.

I'm sure there is some other way (a better one?) that I just don't know about, so please - if anyone has any suggestion - write them!

Keywords: alpha, transparency, PIP, artifacts, artefacts, layer, outline, issue, problem, resolution.
Thanks for the replies!

Yes, it seems that the only way to go is to use an expanded project option.
It's very inconvenient and I had to group all the project's items to move them around (also it inserts it in the first track always, so I have to insert and then move it down, argh...) but it works at least.

So currently the only two ways to achieve my goal is to add expanded project reference or to produce a video and use chroma key on the background (black for transparent, but you can insert green screen in your title project instead of transparency) to get transparency (and some performance) back.

Not optimal, Cyberlink, not optimal. Hope they can fix it soon.
Hi, I have a Title project with some animation and my logo, that I want to use as an overlay in my other videos.
This project is a logo-image with transparency.
When I import this project as a nested project in the new version (18.xx) - it loses the transparency channel and transparent areas are just black. However, in the part of the Title project where there is only audio and no visual - nothing is displayed as expected. Is there any setting I need to set to allow Alpha on Nested project? Is there any other to import my Title as PiP with transparency?
Go to: