Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
David,

Thanks for the reply! I provided this information to CS about 5 days ago, but still no answer. I suspect it has something to do with the OEM version of Vista-32 that I'm running. This seems to have been a problem with previous PowerDVD version. Just a suspicion though.

Mark
Can anyone help?
I have Vista and the problem is occurring when I try to activate.
The CD activation key error seems to be fixed according to some posts. However, I now get a new error when I try to activate PowerDVD Ultra 8. It says that I don't have Administrator privileges on my system. I'm the sole user of this system and am the Administrator. What gives?
Now it is saying that I don't have Administrator privileges. What's up with that? I'm the Administrator and sole user of this computer.
I'm also very angry that this activation problem is occuring. This is a fraudulent business practice and I'm about ready to have my credit card company reverse the charges. This is total nonsense for a software company.
Tagging because of the same problem. Made the purchase on 04-May. If I had known there was this difficulty, I would've gone with another more reputable company and software.
Go to: