Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote What are trying to cast? A video file? I think you need to have Apple TV/Roku/Chromecast etc. on your network to cast with PowerDVD:

https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdvd/365/pc-mode/enu/05_01_00_casting-media-to-a-st.html

Dave

Some of my movies that I have a physical copy of have no digital version so I have ripped them to digital format mp4/mkv format.

I am trying to cast to a TV that shows up in the list of available tvs that show up for casting when I right click the file and choose sent to... I did try it with the fire stick and that works. Just not the Sansung 65 inch 8 series TV. I don't care about the other tvs. I just tried those to see if it worked on them. So it only seems to work on the fire stick so far. The Samsung tv has a built in app for Prime video so I didn't attach the fire stick but I can move one there if it will only work with roku/fire sticks
Quote If you move the movie files to different drives, Powerdvd will think it is a new file, and revert the changes back to the default info downloaded from Moovielive.

If you have to re-install Powerdvd, just make sure you import your personal settings as explained here.

If some Moovielive movie info is wrong or incomplete, just contact Cyberlink about and they should fix it.

Dave

Will they add movies that their system does not list? I have tried multiple variations of some titles and it never finds them. For instance I think there is 1 movie out of all the Friday the 13th series that is not listed.

And 3 from the Charlie Brown specials. And they are some of the more popular Charlie Brown. If so I will make a list and send it to them. Do you know where to send it? Or is that information on the movie info page?

When I was saying re-install PowerDVD I meant if I had to re-install on a fresh windows installation. I usually do a completely new installation on my computer once a year to clean up the system.
I have tried casting movies to different TVs, none of them Apple and everytime I get the same error Cyberlink PowerDVD cannot cast directly to an Apple TV. I do not own anything from Apple. This happens on an LG (about 5 years old), a Samsung 65" 4K TV (2 years old), and a Toshiba Fire TV (6 months old).
I went through and made changes to my movie library such as editing the movie name to remove "The" or changing the cover art, sometimes having to change the movie information to the correct movie. How do I save those changes so that if I move movies around or re-install PowerDVD I do not have to redo all the changes? I was moving movies to a different drive and when I looked at the movie information it was defaulted back to what it was before I made changes.

Even if I cannot save the movie information changes for when I change drives I want to save the information in case I ever have to re-install the software.

Sometimes it cannot find certain movies in the database. How can I get the movie information updated if it doesn't show as a choice to pick? For example City Slickers was found with the information filled out. City Slickers 2 didn't even show as an option.
Go to: