Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Transferring pinned videos.
Simon Sez [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 10, 2016 23:24 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Hey gang,

I've been getting updates from my original PowerDVD 20 software to update to the new and improved PowerDVD 21. While I'm considering doing this (based mainly on the fact that PowerDVD 20 is failing to pin certain vids off of everyone's favorite vid site Y*utube) I do have a question in regards to this:

If I did switch to PowerDVD 21, would there be anyway to take the links of the pinned vids that I have from PowerDVD 20 and add them to PowerDVD 21?

Reason I ask is because some of the links I have don't exist anymore cause the original Y*utuber's accounts were shutdown or cancelled. So I don't want to lose what I have saved...that and I like the pics that showup for the pinned vids that the original Y*tuber's uploaded.

Any advice or suggestions on this? More to the point, why is PowerDVD20 failing to pin certain vids now? Is this merely a sign that it's time to upgrade? (cause I've noticed this happens quite a bit when new software is being brough in to replace the old).
Forum Moderator [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2018 01:01 Messages: 578 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

When you install the new version of PowerDVD, you should see a window similar to in the attached screen shot that a previous version of PowerDVD was found. Select the "Yes" option to import your personal settings, which should include previous pinned videos.

Cheers
PowerDVD Moderator
[Thumb - PDVD_ImportSetting.png]
 Filename
PDVD_ImportSetting.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
321 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
26 time(s)
Please direct any sales or technical issues to CyberLink's customer support team:

Sales or installation related issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do

Software technical issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/sup
Simon Sez [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 10, 2016 23:24 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

When you install the new version of PowerDVD, you should see a window similar to in the attached screen shot that a previous version of PowerDVD was found. Select the "Yes" option to import your personal settings, which should include previous pinned videos.

Cheers
PowerDVD Moderator

Thank you. I still have my material from my previous version.