Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
So a quick update on this topic. After troubleshooting with technical support over several message exchanges, I'm pleased to report that the problem has been resolved. They provided me with a hotfix that allowed me to use hardware encoding with the ColorDirector edits intact. I suspect this hotfix will be part of the next release of PD17.

Thanks again for all the assistance!
Thank you optodata and ynotfish. I'll submit a support ticket with a link to this thread. It's a bit of a head-scratcher that the video has some sort of an incompatibility. It was shot with a Panasonic GH5, which is one of the most widely-used MFT cameras being used for video (even production video).

I appreciate the help!
For what it's worth, I also tried the same process with a different file altogether (MP4 video from my Mavic Air) and am still getting the same rendering probems.
Certainly. Below is a link to the source video on my Dropbox account. Thank you!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ns62p44z0kjaopu/P1000363.MOV?dl=0
Quote I haven't seen that problem. I just tried exactly those steps, and like you I see the correct color changes when I preview. However, when I produce, it takes much longer than if I hadn't made any color changes, and the clip is produced correctly.

I have 3 suggestions to diagnose and possibly work around the problem :

1. After returning to PD17 from CD7, save the project file and close PD17. Then reopen PD and see if the expected color changes are still in place. If they are lost, you may want to produce the clip in CD7 and simply import it in PD17 and replace the existing clip on the timeline.

2. In the Produce room of PD, check the Enable preview during production checkbox, and see if the color changes are being applied to the output clip. If not, produce with CD as in step 1

3. Make sure you're running the latest PD version. If you have the subscription/365 license, the brand new 17.6.3004 version was just released, and that's what I'm doing my testing with. If you have the lifetime license, a similar patch should be released very soon.

Thanks for the response. I tried the suggestions made above, and below are my findings:

1. Saving the file after editing in CD7, then closing PD17 and reopening shows that the changes are still in place. Rendering still ignores the CD7 changes.

2. Enabling preview during production simply doesn't work. No preview is shown (just a blank window) unless an item from Fix/Enhance is checked.

3. I checked the version number, and I am indeed running 17.6.3004

Just for grins, I did a fresh install of both PD17 and CD7 on a separate PC that has never had the software installed. I'm getting the same results. Curiously, the video renders properly when "Fast video rendering technology" is unchecked. Both machines are using Nvidia video hardware. I know there have been problems with Nvidia GPUs and hardware accelerated rendering, so perhaps this is related to that?
Hello,

I seem to be having a problem with PowerDirector rendering final output correctly. When I launch ColorDirector 7 from within PowerDirector 17, everything seems to work correctly. I can color grade the clip, and my changes will be saved back to PowerDirector (i.e. the graded clip appears in the preview window). However, when I go to render the clip, it renders extremely fast and the output file does not have the color grading applied. The only way I can get the color grading to render is if I apply one of the items from the Fix/Enhance window like Video Stabilizer. Applying this increases render times many fold and is really not something I want in all of my videos.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?
Go to: