Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Ever since PD 10 I have liked the editing and ease of use of Powerdirector. However I have not been a great fan of its instability, incosistency of operation and bugs that just keep carrying over from one upgrade to the next.

I currently have standalone PD 18 and it just constantly crashes 1/2 way through a project ( a 3 minute music clip) It is driving me absolutey insane. It will crash just a few seconds after trying any sort of operation in the timeline. It crashes 100% of the time when trying to save or save as the project it freezes at 60%. I have an AMD ryzen PC with an nvidea Geforce 270 graphics card. I have installed the latest patch, I have the latest video drivers. PD still crashes. It seems to be worse with some projects than others, but there is no ryhyme or reason as to why that is so. It can crash on a simple 1 track project or work fine on one with 30. It is so random and unpredictable.

Is there anyone who can help? This has been an ongoing issue for lots of PD users going back to the earlier versions and there does not seem to be any will or incentive for cyberlink to to anything about it apart from continually blaming the users and their systems. I can run Davinci Resolve perfectly in 4K on this PC yet Powerdirector struggles to preview a low blocky resolution video and loses the audio sync. I know what the apolgists are going to say.. You can't compare one program to another, but the point is DR is a true professional application that is on a par with Adobe, and it runs fine with a minimum of fuss apart from being extremely hard to learn. Powerdirector on the other hand is easy to use but is an absolute dog of a program that no professional in their right mind would use even though cyberlink market it as a pro application. Spending big $$ on a system to run a top level app is justified . Spending the same to try and make a mid level editor like cyberlink run without constantly faffing up is just wrong.

then theres all the other "features" that make PD such an efficient pleasure to use. Like the opacity handles that keep on disappearing on a timeline clip when you insert them. Having to play all the way to the end of a clip in the PIP editor after making a change to something like positioning because the left hand control panel has its commands grayed out and wont come back until the clip has been played.. Same with the crop and resize window. You can only make changes at the start of the clip. not anywhere else.

Now I'm trying to render 3 minutes of 4K video. after 1 hour and 45 min 25% is done and theres 5 hours 15 min to go... What the ? This is beyond a joke . We need to start a class action against cyberlink. Are there any lawyers here?
OK

Here is audio file

General
Complete name : C:\Users\winterlight\Videos\Wicked Israel\Wicked-Israel-single-version with countdown_1.mp3
Format : MPEG Audio
File size : 6.89 MiB
Duration : 5 min 1 s
Overall bit rate mode : Constant
Overall bit rate : 192 kb/s
Genre : Other
Audio
Format : MPEG Audio
Format version : Version 1
Format profile : Layer 3
Format settings : Joint stereo
Duration : 5 min 1 s
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 192 kb/s
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Sampling rate : 44.1 kHz
Frame rate : 38.281 FPS (1152 SPF)
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 6.89 MiB (100%)

Here is video file

General
Complete name : C:\Users\winterlight\Videos\Wicked Israel\greenscreen shots\dev horns cam 1.mp4
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : Base Media / Version 2
Codec ID : mp42 (isom/mp42)
File size : 634 MiB
Duration : 5 min 8 s
Overall bit rate : 17.3 Mb/s
Encoded date : UTC 2019-10-19 01:45:30
Tagged date : UTC 2019-10-19 01:45:30
com.android.version : 7.0
Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4
Format settings : CABAC / 1 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, Reference frames : 1 frame
Format settings, GOP : M=1, N=30
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Source duration : 5 min 8 s
Bit rate : 17.0 Mb/s
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Variable
Frame rate : 30.000 FPS
Minimum frame rate : 26.906 FPS
Maximum frame rate : 31.002 FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.273
Stream size : 625 MiB (98%)
Source stream size : 625 MiB (98%)
Title : VideoHandle
Language : English
mdhd_Duration : 308275
Codec configuration box : avcC
Audio
ID : 2
Format : AAC LC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
Codec ID : mp4a-40-2
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 256 kb/s
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel layout : L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate : 46.875 FPS (1024 SPF)
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 9.41 MiB (1%)
Title : SoundHandle
Language : English
I've upgraded and paid for stand alone PD 18 from PD 16. system is windows 7. The only reason I upgraded was due to the improved chromakey functionality but I have now lost the audio waveform display in the timeline and audio editor. This is driving me nuts and it seems to be a common problem. I experienced it intermittently in PD 16 but its now permanent. I NEED this fixed and I dont want to hear "Well you need a new system" thats BS.

Ive done a clean install, I've reinstalled, Ive looked in the cache\waveforms folder and deleted txt files, Ive checked the show sound waveform in timeline box. Ive unchecked enable shadow files Ive unchecked auto delete temporary files. Ive reloaded Ive resized audio and video files. Ive saved as different projects Ive tried WAV Ive tried different mp3 bitrates I have tried everything but NOTHING WORKS. I HAVE A CLIENT WHOIS GOING TO PAY ME FOR A BIG PROJECT AND I CANT DO ANYTHING BECAUSE THE EFFIN AUDIO WAVEFORMS WONT DISPLAY>

For some strange reason the only media which displays the waveforms are the demo files that are present when opening the program. Nothing else
Can't seem to fine the plugins anymore. Every link I try to browse to directorzone either from browser or within powerdirector I get directed to a broken link window that will take me to the cyberlink home page. A few weeks ago clicking on free templates or download free effects would take me to directorzone

thanks
Go to: