Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Do the original source videos (.avi and .mp4) play properly in WMP, PD17 library, and on the timeline? If they do then try to view the produced files with VLC.

You can use Mediainfo to see if video is available in your produced files.

Can you please supply a link to one drive or google drive to say a 10 second produced .avi and mp4 files for users to check out.

the source videos play perfectly fine in WMP, the library and the timeline- only when you get to the preview screen in "Produce" and then subsequently the exported video does the screen go black with just audio. I have tried VLC and it is also black.

mediainfo says that there is a video stream in the produced files

I think I misrepresented what I was doing- the final exported video will always be in .mp4 format, however the original source files in the PowerDirector project are in a mix of .avi and .mp4 formats, and I was speculating as to whether this was the cause of the issue.

Here are two short examples of what I'm talking about- exported into both .mp4 and .avi formats. There should be a talking head to go along with the voice but it's just black.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YeXWl1Jr-ILSoQO46N3zyLbIxma-bXfl/view?usp=sharing

(AVI)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ueL_9VliNUsANcqm5mX1DcMe8WgGoPzc/view?usp=sharing

(MP4)
This issue seems to have come up a lot with people in the past but all the solutions offered haven't worked.

When I try to produce a video the export comes up as a black screen with the audio playing, and maybe some of the text and effects, but missing the bulk of the video content.
EVEN WORSE, I recently tried exporting to mp4 and the video was not just black in sections, but also had flashing green and red portions which suggested corruption of some sort.

I have tried:
+updating my GPU drivers
+disabling hardware acceleration
+changing export file format
+chopping up the video into smaller components and exporting those individually
+entering the registry and changing the videorenderer to VMR9

NONE of these have worked

FYI:
+I don't have a good graphics card (ATI firepro 2260 embarrassing I know) but I have a powerful processor and loads of RAM.
+The project includes both .avi files and .mp4 files, perhaps this is the issue?

What can I do?

Also I've attached a DxDiag
Go to: