Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote You're on the lower end of processor specs, but you should have enough to edit basic AVCHD video. What format and resolution of video are you editing and what camcorder or device shot the video?

You also don't say at what point the program is slow for you. Is it slow with no media in your project, just opening and closing windows and designers?

What if you just add a couple of photos to the timeline with no other media in the Media Room?

This is a good test to see if it's a software issue or if it might be something in your source video that's bogging things down.

Thank you both for the responses.

The system is from 2017 and I appreciate the suggestion of looking into underlying Windows issues. There was an issue when I bought it where I had to do a reinstall and while many specifics escape me, I remember I was on the phone with customer support because of something awry.

The video I'm editing is the format from iPhone 6. They're MOV's in the properties. I could see if the camera could save them as a different file though it still seems Filmora isn't quite as slow.

PD18 is slow with everything for me. If I load a file, it takes forever. Rendering 5 minutes would take 20-25 minutes. Producing videos at some dimensions is not always slow though. It can do that quickly if it's a 1280x720 for Youtube. I add some Adorage filters, general effects, PIP objects and Vitascene to the videos. They're animated piano covers.
Tech specs attached.

=========================================================
Moderation Note:
Original plain text list copied and attached into a download .txt file for ease of use.
Thank you, I appreciate the response.
PD18 is very slow for me, while the new Filmora is extremely fast. I'm not sure why.

I have:

i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor
16 GB RAM
and GTX 1060 6GB video card

Is it normal for it to be so slow that it's unusable?
Quote The effect you seek is in ProDad/Vitascene/Rays. I use it as a transition instead of an fx. Both work.

The screenshot said it all. Without it I would not have responded here.

Thank you!
Quote Hi brianpk80 -

Here, in PDR18, there are no FX listed named "Rays" or "Edge Rays". There is one called "Light Rays", which is found under the Style tab or All Content.

There are various other related FX, but not under those names.

Cheers - Tony

Thank you, Tony.

It may have been a third party effect that was included in PD17 365. Some of the files I worked on earlier in the year have an effect missing when I load them now. One of the parts is supposed to look like this:
Hi,

I'm having trouble finding certain filters I was using in PD17. I think they were called different variations of "Rays" like "Light Rays" and maybe "Edge Rays" and I don't remember which if any third party made them. Is that normal for these fx to just disappear?
Quote I don't get why private persons would buy subscription software. It's not like they can deduct it at the taxes.

In my case, it was my first time buying editing software and I was intrigued by the Chinese Painting and other AI features that are free along with the 365 version.

PD18 has been horrible for me and customer support has been very slow.
Quote I am so frustrated right now. I own a school of Fine Arts and have dealines to get our short films out every month. PD crashes about every 3- 4 minutes. No way to get these films done. If they cant fix it I will be forced to go to Adobe and I really dont want to. I have always used and love PD.

Just let me go back to PD17 so I can finish my projects until you fix the issues. So disappointed in Cyberlink. This is costing me alot of money every day I'm late.

I put in a ticket on Monday asking for them to help load all of my files, even if I needed PD17 to do so. They responded on Wednesday by telling me to make sure any external hard drives were still plugged in, and how to use features like Pack Project Materials in the future. It was nonresponsive to my issue since I need my existing files, not methods to improve future files. And I don't use an external hard drive.

I sent them more things, data dump, screen shots and asked to use PD17 while they are figuring things out. The reply function wouldn't let me reply to the ticket; instead it started a new one. I said I needed to be able to access my files within 24 hours. 48 hours have elapsed with no response.

For all its faults, I've like a lot of what PD has done for my videos and I don't really want to switch to something else. But having them release essentially a trojan onto my machine that destroys the product I enjoyed and arbitrarily prevents me from using it (it won't let PD17 come back in a System Restore) sounds like arson.
I'm having terrible problems with this upgrade as well.

I have two major projects on the verge of completion and neither of them will load. First, I get an error message about missing media files like "Number_000.png" and several others. There are so many that I have never been able to click through them without using Ignore All. After I click Ignore All, the program hangs at 60% Processing and then crashes. Every time. None of my files have ever loaded.

I'm on the 365 subscription plan and have paid around $400 since January, and this upgrade destroyed the product and all the work associated with it. I can't even get PD17 back with a System Restore--the system restores everything except PD17 which it can't reinstall. This is a disater.
Go to: