Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Missing FX?
brianpk80 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 08, 2019 16:06 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I'm having trouble finding certain filters I was using in PD17. I think they were called different variations of "Rays" like "Light Rays" and maybe "Edge Rays" and I don't remember which if any third party made them. Is that normal for these fx to just disappear?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi brianpk80 -

Here, in PDR18, there are no FX listed named "Rays" or "Edge Rays". There is one called "Light Rays", which is found under the Style tab or All Content.

There are various other related FX, but not under those names.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
brianpk80 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi brianpk80 -

Here, in PDR18, there are no FX listed named "Rays" or "Edge Rays". There is one called "Light Rays", which is found under the Style tab or All Content.

There are various other related FX, but not under those names.

Cheers - Tony

Thank you, Tony.

It may have been a third party effect that was included in PD17 365. Some of the files I worked on earlier in the year have an effect missing when I load them now. One of the parts is supposed to look like this:
[Thumb - Capture.JPG]
 Filename
Capture.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
Capture
 Filesize
34 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
9 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The effect you seek is in ProDad/Vitascene/Rays. I use it as a transition instead of an fx. Both work.

The screenshot said it all. Without it I would not have responded here.
brianpk80 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The effect you seek is in ProDad/Vitascene/Rays. I use it as a transition instead of an fx. Both work.

The screenshot said it all. Without it I would not have responded here.

Thank you!