Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Hi Mephestopheles,

Check the system requirements for UHD BD playback on the web site or the help. You must have Windows 10 and Intel processor, for the reasons the user above mentioned:

Ultra HD Blu-ray
•Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit with 2015 Nov. updates).

Ultra HD Blu-ray
•Intel 7th generation (Kaby Lake) Core i processors and above that support the Intel Software Guard Extensions (Intel SGX) technology.

David

I'm not knocking Intel because they make the best processors in the industry undisputed, having said that it would be nice to have support for AMD processors using the 4K feature, I really dislike W10 but will eventually go to W10 at some point but if I have to get an Intel Processor and motherboard just to watch 4k on my computer it would be stupid. I just upgraded to a Ryzen 2700x 8 core CPU/AM4 Motherboard so it wouldn't be economical.
Just got Power DVD 18 and it's really good and works Flawlessly with the exception of 4k UHD Blu-Ray's. I can play a DVD/Standard Blu-Ray fine. when I put the 4K UHD Disk in it prompts me to download Intel SGX Runtime to play it, Fails every time. I do not have an Intel CPU so I'm not sure what the deal is. I hope you do not have to have Windows 10 to use this feature because I do not want to use W10. can anybody point me to a solution that doesn't involve an Intel Chipset/W10? thanks
Go to: