Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Don't waste money on a laptop. And then come here asking why the GPU doesn't work with PowerDirector...

Get a former workstation, Dell, HP... cheap and effective.

I use the laptop plugged into an external keyboard and monitor.
Hey all,

I do not want a recommendation for a specific make and model so much. Rather I am looking for a recommendation on a good CPU, how much memory, etc. to run PowerDirector 18 or 365?

RIght now I'm using a very old Dell running Windows 10 and using PowerDirector 15. It barely works. It's slow, locks up and is frustrating but it works. My work load has changed so I'll need a new laptop that is able to run 18 or 365.

I usually buy used laptops that are one or two years old at the time. My parents were raised in the depresssion and it got passed down to me. That's my budget.

Any ideas?

Mark
Quote Hmm, what you need is a video organizer. PowerDirector is a video editor. In PowerDirector, you can organize the clips in your project by tags. What you would need was to insert all your hundreds of videos in your current project and tag them...
So, as a conclusion, no, I don't think, you can do what you want with PowerDirector.
Maybe have a look at Cyberlink MediaShow. That is an organizer. Maybe that product fits your needs.

Hatti

Danke Hatti. Yeah, I've been going through all of my videos and creating unique tags like a tag for each town, a tag for all birds, another tag for each species, etc. It's cumbersome. I'll check out MediaShow and see if once stuff is organized using it whether it can then be exported to PowerDirector. No one said it would be easy. Thanks again.
I've got to say that I'm fairly well frustrated with this software. I'll keep it brief. Either something I'd call a major feature is missing from this software or I'm just not getting it.

I have a lot of videos, hundreds of hours of videos. Before I can produce anything with Power Director I want to organize the hundreds of hours of videos. I have a tour company and I've previously recorded hundreds of hours of video over several years. The first task that I want to do is to organize all of these videos. For example I have many sunsets on video and I want to be able to label them all so that if I want to include a sunset in a video I can see all of the ones I've recorded and pick from the best. I might have a ten minute video that contains many thngs I'd like to label - a particular bird, the location, close ups vs panorama shots, any sort of label. I see no way to do this in Power Director.

Before I can do any editing I have to know what I have, a video filing system or labeling system. This seems so basic. For example if I want to make a video that shows the forest, I want to have all of the video I've recorded showing a forest out of the hundreds of hours of video that I have. Without this feature I have to manually review all of my videos to find what I want. Here's another example. I have lots of videos of the same species of bird spread out over dozens of videos, or the same twenty minute video file may show that one species of bird in two differnt places in it. I have no way of labeling or organizing any of this.

The only solution I've come up with is to create a seperate PDS file for each of my labels or categories, a PDS for all sunsets, a PDS for all video in one particualr town, a PDS for all of my clips showing rainbows, ets. This is extremely combersome given that I can only have one PDS file open at the same time.

Am I missing something basic?
Go to: