Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I'm happy to say that the recent patch (2211a) released for PVD7 has fixed the problem I was having with playback of DivX files - at last
Quote: Jones,

Did you try to play these avi files from your hard drive? Try to.

Have you contacted Tech Support, please do so? Give all necessary information to them.

I am unable to repeat your recurring problem with playing an avi file. I have no problems playing avi files in PowerDVD 7.

Dafydd

like i said, PowerDVD6 is the solution, for me, I'm grateful for your input, though
Quote:
Quote:
Quote: Hi,
What avi file are you trying to play?
DV avi, DivX or XVid? I've run a test on all these and each play without a problem.
Please go to:
Start/All Programs/CyberLink PowerDVD/System Diagnostic
Click on Diagnostic
If you have a Fail response then you'll need to go to your System Display and alter the bit rate of your display (lower it).
PowerDVD 7 Deluxe will display avi files.
Dafydd

Hi
unfortunately i did that - lowered to 16bits/pixel, from 32, and it still didn't work. My monitor won't do 24bpp, so I couldn't try that option.
If it is a codec problem, it isn't reported by GSpot, which says I have 5 compatible video & 3 compatible audio codecs installed, for the files |I'm trying to play....
PowerDvd 6 plays the files fine, install PowerDvd7 and, for me, they can't be played.
The same files do work with a standalone DVD player, which tends to suggest it isn't an encoding problem???
Thanks for the replies, though

Hi,

What is the source of your avi file?
I will pass the info onto CyberLink, but need you to try what Daisuke has suggested first...OK It is a valid point.

Dafydd

thanks for your reply, I did try removing codecs, as suggested by Daisuke, but still no joy.

the source is a pioneer107D writer, badged Medion, with dvd +r disks

- the solution to this 'problem' is to revert to PVD6, currently, for me, but thanks for your interest
Quote: Hi,
What avi file are you trying to play?

DV avi, DivX or XVid? I've run a test on all these and each play without a problem.

Please go to:
Start/All Programs/CyberLink PowerDVD/System Diagnostic

Click on Diagnostic

If you have a Fail response then you'll need to go to your System Display and alter the bit rate of your display (lower it).

PowerDVD 7 Deluxe will display avi files.

Dafydd

Hi

unfortunately i did that - lowered to 16bits/pixel, from 32, and it still didn't work. My monitor won't do 24bpp, so I couldn't try that option.

If it is a codec problem, it isn't reported by GSpot, which says I have 5 compatible video & 3 compatible audio codecs installed, for the files |I'm trying to play....

PowerDvd 6 plays the files fine, install PowerDvd7 and, for me, they can't be played.

The same files do work with a standalone DVD player, which tends to suggest it isn't an encoding problem???

Thanks for the replies, though
Quote: I just purchased version 7 build 1725. Tried to play a standard Mpeg file that my beyond tv PVR box recorded. Received the error 0xC0000005 when I tried to play the mpeg file from hard drive.

I uninstalled version 7. Re-installed version 5.0 and the file plays fine. Un-installed 5.0 and installed 4.0xp and it also plays the file fine. So I reinstalled version 7 and it crashed with the same error. I followed the link to build 1813 , installed it (and yes you can install trial version on top of the registered version without losing the code) and it also crashes with the same error code.

Re-installed version 5.0 and it works fine.

Something is up with version 7. I do not see any patches for it. Anyone have any suggestions by any chance?

Hi

no suggestions, unfortunately, just thanks for your post, which saved me similar grief. I have previously tried a legitimately purchased version 7.0, but have gone back to version 6.0, due to the inability of version 7.0 to play DivX & XVid files which V6 handles easily. It sounds like the problem still isn't sorted & is overdue a fix, in my opinion
Go to: