Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote same "full licensed" version upgrade without any purchase?
I suggest that you open the software version page in your powerdvd 12 to see the version type.

if the upgrade was freely given, then ask for a full licensed support does make any sense.

So for CYBERLINK to stop me using the ASUS version (made it unable to play), REQUIRE me to swap to its product to be able to do the same as I was previously on ASUS version, then abandon me with no working product does make sense? All because it wont properly update a 3rd party license on some platforms.

Im sure CYBERLINK did not just give its software to ASUS for free, there would have been some exchange which makes it a purchased product in any court of law.

If that the case, why not just give an error message, that tells me Im no longer supported, instead of the AACS license update loop that has been ongoing in CYBERLINK software since ver 9 ( I suggest you look at the forums to see Im not the only person this has affected, or on the only version, or retail vs non-retail customers). They seem to be pretty hot on annoying popups, surely this would be an easy one for them.

The most logical explanation is greed by CYBERLINK, wanting people to keep paying for more upgrades.

All of the version and other information has been sent on a customer support docket, but the usual templated responses are happening. Was hoping for some direction from other users, but I guess the forum user base is a reflection of the company.
Quote "2. What you are asking here is about the software EOL. Best to show you that users who purchased PowerDVD 9 Ultra, can update to version 12 for free to get the latest AACS keys: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/65609.page. "

I updated ASUSDVD v10 to POWERDVD v12 at CYBERLINKs nagging (continual CYBERLINK, not ASUS, nagscreens every time player is used).

Please advise why updating to V12 starts an endless AACS key required loop which prevents me from watching any BluRay movie.

Don't simply ask why support does not continue on a free bundle software for your ASUS device.
You paid all the bucks to ASUS to buy an ASUS device but not cyberlink. "at CYBERLINKs nagging (continual CYBERLINK, not ASUS, nagscreens every time player is used. CYBERLINK was the company who required me to go to a link at CYBERLINKs website to download CYBERLINK software. Not sure how much simpler I can make this for you, but that puts CYBERLINK as the vendor at the first required upgrade.

Do you know what a retail license is and hardware bundle license for a digital software? (if some software has commcercial license (not powerdvd), the pricse will raise more.) Yes, I understand the difference in licenses, this makes no difference as will be explained in the next reply.

If you know the price of a powerdvd retail license, you will understand what you got with an ASUS device is not a retail or full version software. It's just a free bundle for your "convenience". Whereas the software provided by CYBERLINK to "update" my software was full version software -it was the same software provided to Full Licensed users of versions 9 and 10.
"2. What you are asking here is about the software EOL. Best to show you that users who purchased PowerDVD 9 Ultra, can update to version 12 for free to get the latest AACS keys: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/65609.page. "

I updated ASUSDVD v10 to POWERDVD v12 at CYBERLINKs nagging (continual CYBERLINK, not ASUS, nagscreens every time player is used).

Please advise why updating to V12 starts an endless AACS key required loop which prevents me from watching any BluRay movie.
Go to: