Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Up until very recently, you could use the Color Match tool in PD to match one clip to another, and there was a slider with 10 levels that could be set to give you the best results. Unfortunately, that functionality now seems to be unavailable if the reference clip has a LUT applied. See this post for more details.

If you were making the LUTs in ColorDirector, you could set them up exactly the way you want (one for each range of depth, for example), then export them and use them in PD, but it doesn't work the other way around.

I don't think I can see any "shadow trails" in the screenshots or when I try this on my own system using one of the sample Skateboard clips, but one way to confirm that the clips are perfectly synced would be to copy the first clip onto a lower track and set the opacity to 50% or so and make sure everything is aligned when you play it back.

Once you know they're synced, apply the LUT to the lower clip and adjust the opacity as needed.

Depending on the specific clips and your system's performance, you may need to change PD's preview mode to non real-time so your system has enough time to process the LUT while it's playing back in the preview screen. Otherwise you may end up seeing one frame from the original clip and the preceeding one from the LUT clip which could look like a trailing shadow.

Producing the blended clips should also resolve the issue, and if you have further work to do replace the blended clips with the produced version on the timeline so real-time preview is available again.

Thanks, lots of good tips there. Perhaps the align issue was just the playback in the preview as when 'Produced' it looks good so using the clips one above each other on different video track and apply LUT and adjust Opacity to lower one.

I should probably spend more time in Colour Director but havent been able to make a decent LUT from scratch yet so will stick with the Downloaded ones for now.
Dear Cyberlink Forum and collective experts.

I am trying to improve some underwater diving footage but have come up with a snag.

I thought an easy fix was to apply the 'Underwater' effect on PowerDirector 365 (under Sports), however I cant see anywhere where you can adjust the instensity / amount of effect as there is too much Red / colour at shallower depths but is perfect at depths of around 20m.

So, I thought, lets add another video track directly below my main track and copy and paste the underwater scenes. I could then apply the Underwater FX to the bottom track and adjust the Opacity to get the perfect amount of colour adjustment for each scene. However, whilst the colours now looked perfect and were easy to adjust there seemed to be a misalignment of the videos with some shadow type trails effect despite copy and paste in the exact same spot (the frame 0) and zooming in to make sure the videos above each other were aligned.

Therefore, I have 2 questions:

Is there any way to adjust the amount / intensity of effect of an FX / LUT in Powerdirector 365?

or

Is there any way to easily exactly align the same clip one above the other to prevent shadow trails and then use effect and Opacity on Lower clip to achieve the overall desired effect ?

Grateful for your advice

p.s. I did try using Colour Director with the 'strength' adjustment but I couldnt find the sames 'underwater' effect that I use on PowerDirector so the results were not as good (spent ages trying to adjust but just couldn't get the same result). It also takes much longer as the diving at different depths requires individual adjustment for each clip (due to change in light at different depths) so I find it much quicker just to apply a LUT / FX from the preset on PowerDirector 365.
Hi all. Currently using PowerDirector 16 and have been pleased with the software.

However, I have been using the crop and zoom and found it quite mandraulic trying to keep a moving subject in the centre of the frame (e.g. a clip of a skier coming down a hill moving across your field of view, where the original recording does not follow the subject completely accurately). At present, I select crop and zoom, then adjust the crop box around the subject and then add numerous keyframes throughout the clip, moving the centre of the box around the subject and cropping to the desired size (you end u with a green line showing where you have moved throughout the clip, following your adjustments at each keyframe)

I then found the motion tracker and thought, brilliant, that tracks the subject automatically so just hit motion tracker then crop to the desired size with the subject now centre of frame throughout. However, there doesn’t seem to be any way to combine the two effects. After selecting motion tracker it just gives options of blurring the subject, add a highlight circle, text or PiP, all of which (IMHO) are of limited use. The motion tracker itself is great, the sub-options are limited.

Is is there anyway to combine the 2 or automatically crop / zoom box around the subject then get the software to track? I have written numerous e-mails to the Cyberlink technical team but their responses do not make any sense and their suggestions do not work.

Thanks

Steve
Go to: