Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote I don't know, but if you have a Multiband VST Compressor, then you can use that. AudioDirector 8 has a VST interface.
Have a look at the googling machine of your choice. I found some free multiband compressors.

Hatti

Thank you. Can you posted the links for the free multiband compressors that you found? That would be really helpful.
Does anyone know if in AudioDirector 8 you are able to use a multiband compressor? Is there a plug in? Is it under a certain effects tab? Please help
I have a title come in at the end of my video and to make it look more eye catching I added a lens flare when the title comes in. However when the flare is about 3/4 of the way through the effect the background goes black covering the last part of my video. It covers up the video that is is supposed to be on top of. My video is on track 1, my title is on track 2, and my particle is on 3. Do I need to re arange this so this doesnt happen or is there a setting that I need to adjust on the particle? Please help!

NVM! haha I finally figured it out. All I had to do what go into the particle desinger and delete the background image. haha I hope this rambling can help someone with the same problem in the future. Cheers!
Hello all,

I am having a extremely hard time getting motion tracking to be accurate and stay with the intended target. Are there any tricks or something that I am not doing? I have watched tutorials online and I have done EXACTLY what they are doing and theirs come out great and when I do it the target is lost. Has anyone run into the same issues? If so can you please help me?
Quote Can anyone help me do what is done in this video that I have linked below. It seem pretty amazing so if anyone could work with me and help achieve this effect I would honestly really appreciate it.

No link attached, Steven

I'm sorry. I know this is premier but I'd like to do this in Power Director. Again if anyian is will to show me and work on this with me I'd really appreciate it, honestly..

Hello,

To achieve this effects you will need ColorDirector and use the "selection" masks as Premiere shows. It's impossible to make with PD alone.

Alain II

I have the suite so I have Color director. Are you willing to try it with me?
Quote Can anyone help me do what is done in this video that I have linked below. It seem pretty amazing so if anyone could work with me and help achieve this effect I would honestly really appreciate it.

No link attached, Steven

I'm sorry. I know this is premier but I'd like to do this in Power Director. Again if anyian is will to show me and work on this with me I'd really appreciate it, honestly..

Can anyone help me do what is done in this video that I have linked below. It seem pretty amazing so if anyone could work with me and help achieve this effect I would honestly really appreciate it.
Quote Hello Steven,

LUTs are used for colour grading video and can be used in PowerDirector & ColorDirector. Some excellent information is linked here & you'll find some download links on the same page.

The PhotoDirector "equivalent" is either presets or manual adjustment.

PIX

Awesome thank you so much!
Are you able to use LUT's in PhotoDirector? If you are can you please tell me how I can do that, I would really apprectiate it.
Quote Not with keyframes. In this version of PowerDirector, the video speed is not "keyframable" (I like that word).
But the hint with the action center was correct for time shifting without splitting the footage. In Action center or in the video speed designer (in both same principle), you can "create time shift" With the time shift, you get an area for that you can change speed, ease it in and/or out. And many time shift areas in one clip. Without splitting. Not as nice as keyframes, but better than nothing.

Hatti

Phil was faster...

Thank you all! This is basically what I am looking! I honestly appreciate it!
Quote Use the action center or split the clip adjust the speed you want on each split.

So there is isnt a way to set keyframes in one clip to adjust the speed without having to cut the clip and then adjust each clip with the speed you want it.
Hello,

I was wondeirng if I have the ability to edit video with time remapping using keyframes in PowerDirector 16. I have seen that I can cut the video and then slow it down or speed it up and then to return in to normal speed I would have to make another clip. Am I able to do this with opening the clip and use key frames to edit the WHOLE clip? Please let me know. Again I really appreciate your input!
Quote Yes, but you need to unlink the audio and video so that they can be manipulated/edited separately.

By default audio and video are linked, unlinking is done by selecting a clip, rt click and select Link/Unlink.

However, by unlinking you can also run into obvious issues with synching etc. if your audio is moved by error. One way to avoid this would be to only unlink portions of a long clip, by splitting the clip when you need to do any separate audio/video editing.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator.

That's great! Thank you very much for your answer and suggestion! I really appreciate it.
Quote Good afternoon,

Does anyone know if and how I can do J cuts and L cuts. If you are able to is anyone able to show me how? I would really appreciate it. Thank you guys for you help.

This article may help. https://www.techsmith.com/blog/how-to-edit-videos-l-cuts-and-j-cuts/

Are you able to do this with power director though?
Good afternoon,

Does anyone know if and how I can do J cuts and L cuts. If you are able to is anyone able to show me how? I would really appreciate it. Thank you guys for you help.
Quote Moving the timeline is not possible (I don't think) - but moving the preview screen is very easy and has the added advantage that once moved you can make it as large as the 2nd monitor will alow, and, PD16 makes good use of the freed area by expanding the area usede by the various "rooms". Eg the media window gets super large, special effects you see more which makes choosing easier.

Switching out is very easy, look for the rightmost icon under the preview window (little square with arrow heading NE) and click it will free the preview window you can then drag to the other monitor and play with. Reintegrate wiith the main widnow clicking top right icon in the preview window (normally your Close icon) and all is restored to initial state. You can even click preview to full screen when in other monitor whence is acquires its own icons to control playback etc. I'll leave you to work out how.

So if you have 2 monitors PD16 is well designed to make full use of them in a very productive manner.

Hope this helps.

I really appreciate it .Thank you so much!
Hello, I was wondering if you are able to seperate the workspace into different screen. For example are you able to move the timeline onto another monior or move the preview screen onto another monitor like you are able to do in Premier Pro CC. Your help is much appreciated.
Go to: