Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I process video for our church, and the video comes in as Apple ProRes files (full HD). We can get about 8 hours on a 1TB SSD, so the files are massive. Normally 40 minutes of video renders in about 20-25 minutes with only PowerDirector 365 (PD 365) edits.

I just installed ColorDirector 9 (CD9), hoping for improved speed. Like so many others, the increase in rendering time was 6-7x what just PowerDirector did. I have a Xeon processor with 12 logical cores, 16GB of RAM, a NVidia GTX 1080, latest updates of all software, etc. All that to say the computer has plenty of horsepower. I wrote to Cyberlink, and there is an update for CD9. This made some improvement, but the biggest improvement came in a couple of process changes.

1. I opened "Graphics Settings" in the Windows control panel (Settings>System>Display>Graphics Settings [near the bottom of the list]) and turned on Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling. In the same box, I set CD9 to the High Performance mode.

2. In CD9, I went to Edit>Preferences>Hardware Acceleration and enabled OpenCL for video encoding.

3. Probably the most consequential, I changed my workflow to run CD9 on clips first and render them in the same format as the PD 365 project. The CD9 render was consistent with just using PD365. Rendering the project in PD 365 with pre-rendered CD9 clips was just a couple of minutes, probably 5-6x faster than normal.

It's a touch inconvenient to do this first, but the savings in time is well worth the small effort. Step 3 was probably the biggest gain. It "shouldn't" need to be done that way, but it does work.

Hope this helps.
Go to: