Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
FINAL REMINDER VOTING ENDS 24 JANUARY.

Last days to decide a winner in the PowerDirector 8 Challenge Me! video contest.

Get your friends to vote if you want to win.

http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/events/enu/2009/Q3/pdr8-challenge/index.jsp
Entries have now closed for the PowerDirector 8 Challenge Me! video contest.

NOW IS THE TIME TO VOTE.
Voters go in the draw to win one of 5 software packs, including PowerDirector 8 Ultra, MediaShow 5 and YouCam 3.

View entries and vote

To all voters and video creators...Good luck!

PowerDirector 8 Challenge Me! Team
Hello Contestants

The DirectorZone code issue has been fixed. Please use the full number of your video on DirectorZone.

ENTRIES AND VOTING CLOSES SOON
Just a reminder that 17 Jan is the last day for submissions.

After that, voting closes 24 Jan, so forward your videos to your friends to increase your chances of winnng.

Good Luck
PowerDirector 8 Challenge Me! Team
Dear Challenge Me! Contestants

While submitting your video, you may have had trouble entering the DirectorZone code. This will occur if your video was recently uploaded to DirectorZone and has a 5 digit code.

The event submission page only supports 4-digit DirectorZone codes.
This issue is currently being fixed.

In the meantime, please enter the first 4 digits of your DirectorZone code, and CyberLink with manually add the 5th digit.

Thanks for your understanding.
Quote: How is possible to appear 11 votes but the views remain the same???????????
Example:12.12.2009>clip iulia>my little friend crina>hour 19:39>views:423 and votes:268
Then a few seconds distance votes:269,270.....279,but the same number of views 423 How is possible??????????If your vote must increase and number views.This does not happen here.
Sorry to be fellow countrymen of mine,but does not play correctly.
Another example:hours 20:53>views 429 and votes 288, hours 21:31>views 431 and votes 294, 6 votes with 2 views??????????????????
Hours 21:45>views 431 and votes 296>still 2 votes with the same number views.
Hours 22:03>views 434 and votes 298, hours 22:07>views 434 and votes 299, strange,strange...
Much more I had to add,but are tired of writing.
I have evidence from all contest participants to the votes they grow amazingly fast.And some competitors even work.
In video iulia>my little friend crina,the minute 2:17 the girl is given to drink beer Golden Brau!!!!!
How is possible something????????? Golden Brau is beer in Romania.How could post CyberLink something????
Important entry rules:point 8:Any obscene, inappropriate or offensive material will not be placed in the Challenge Me Arena.
Sure never I will not participate the contests CyberLink because not correct votes and post sequences that are given to children to drink.
CyberLink should stop the competition because do not vote correctly and to encourage drinking alcoholic in children.
Would be that all competitors to notice that the vote fraudulent and illegal.

Sincerely Catalin.

Hi Catalin

We take your concern very seriously and are looking into the issue of the views not changing. So far we haven't been able to reproduce the same behavior.

Please expect an email asking for further details.

Quote: Hi!
I promise I will not participate in any contest where ,,THE BEST,, are those votes more online(facebook,twitter,....).Example:for me the best clip is ,,The reply,, my friend Cranston.But,other ,,the best,, clips have won.
Are disappointed of this system of judging.
Is very complicated,very,very , to make a slideshow!!!
Maybe in future will judge otherwise,no votes at all in facebook,twitter,and other social networks.

Sincerely Catalin.

Dear Catalin

Thanks for your input and advice. We will consider other forms of judging for future events, such as using an expert panel.

This event does depend on entrants promoting their submissions to friends and family. How people get the word out it is really up to them.

While Facebook is something relatively new to CyberLink's online events, many viewers are coming from DirectorZone. That is, our community of existing PowerDirector users. Their voting habits are very hard to predict.
Quote: I have had a number of friends come back to me and said that they have voted but that the vote count did not increase - any idea why this might be?

It is hard to guess the specifics of the situation, but if your friends had already voted they would not be able to register another vote until the following day.
YouTube Upload Issue Resolved
The problem with uploading to YouTube has been fixed. You can now upload videos again, without the need for a patch.

Due to this issue, some PowerDirector users may have experienced problems submitting their videos to the event between 24 Nov to 1 Dec.

As a result, CyberLink has extended the event dates by one week.

Submissions close 17 Jan 2010
Voting closes 24 Jan 2010

This means you still have roughly 6 weeks to submit your videos!

Clarification of Rules
To be eligible for a prize, you must edit and output (produce) your submission using PowerDirector 8 (either full version or trial). Please include "PowerDirector 8 Challenge Me" in the name that you use when submitting to YouTube. (This name can be changed after the event ends by accessing your account on YouTube).

Regarding imported content; you may import existing video, photo, and music content to be included as part of your video. However, video projects suspected of being produced primarily by other software are going to be refused entry.

You cannot submit other peoples work. You must have ownership of the video you are submitting.

Viewing & Voting Patterns
Viewing and voting is open to anyone. As CyberLink is actively promoting this event online via DirectorZone, CyberLink.com, Facebook, YouTube, our customer database and other platforms, viewer and voter numbers can increase significantly at any time.

As this contest also provides prizes to voters, CyberLink retains records of all voters' email addresses. CyberLink will review the records at the end of the voting period to look for fake email addresses before confirming the winning entries.
Last week we had several cool entries.

Check out the latest and vote for your favorite.

If you think you can do better, why not enter yourself.

Submit, view or vote now!

Question: What are the basic criteria for entering the video contest?

Answer: You need to include at least ONE PARTICLE EFFECT in your video and then UPLOAD to YouTube and DirectorZone using PowerDirector 8 (full or trial version).

Question: Can I include photos, videos or audio created outside of PowerDirector in my video?

Answer: Yes, you can include existing content, such as cropped photos or trimmed audio clips, for example. But we expect most of the content to be created using PowerDirector. And you need to upload the content to YouTube and DirectorZone using PowerDirector 8.

Question: Can I use SmartSound audio in my video?

Answer: Yes you can.

Question: Will my video get automatically posted to the event site?

Answer: No. Your video is screened before it is uploaded to the event site. We check that you have followed the event rules, and whether the material contains any offensive content or may infringe copyright.

Go to: