Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Update fails. I have previous patch installed.

---------------------------

PowerDirector

The extraction of the Data2.7z installation file was unsuccessful. The installation will now abort. Please reboot your system and then try installing again. Error code:2

OK

I found the Data2.7z file and it opens correct (latest 7zip) and all the contents are good.
Installation stops at 90% and watching things in ProcessMonitor shows repeated use of 7z.com from the Setup.exe program.
When the installation fails the Setup.com program has a TCP connection to 203.73.25.243 which is an unknown Domain Name in Tapei, Taiwan.

Please fix and please explain this 'strange' TCP connection to Taiwan.

=============== edit =================

eventually got it to install. I copied the extracted "PowerDirector_2218_GM3_Patch_Patch_VDE170921-01.exe" to another drive and ran it from there. That worked. But there was still a very long pause at the 90% point.
I have the same problem with new PD16. Any update on this problem?

And once a Project is saved in PD16 you can't go back to PD15 to use VitaScene as PD says "for newer version of PD".
Go to: