Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote It is possible that the bit rate of the mp4 file is 14 Mbps. Try a BR or avchd disc at 1080p60/50 settings. You can only get about 20 min. of material on the avchd disc at that setting.

You have to have a high end BD player to play these discs.

Thank you for your answer. But it looks like I am missing something.

I use H.264 format in Premier to export MP4.

I just exported another one with frame rate of 30Mbps and 50Fps 1920x1080. video last 54min and the size is 18.8 GB.

When I go to Create Dis in Power Director and drop the file in the conrtent tab, it shows at the bottom 4184 MB / 8500 MB.

As you can see it is using less than the half size of my disk.
Quote Hi Jeam -

It's quite impossible to burn a DVD without losing quality, unless your original MP4 is standard definition (not HD) or you burn an AVCHD DVD (which requires a BR player).

If your souce MP4 is 1920x1080, you'd be able to burn a BR disc without sacrificing too much.

I rarely burn discs, preferring to play the videos directly to my 4K TV or monitor, via USB stick or external hard drive.

Cheers - Tony

Thank you Tony,

I prefer MP4 too. But in this case, it is for a customer. I burned the BR bus she doesn't have BR player.

I but a DL 8.5 GB DVD. But the 7 GB drope to 4GB when star creating disk. Am I missing a setting on Powerdirector?

Thanks

Jeam
How can I get equal or better output quality out of my Mp4 or other file format on DVD or BR with Power Director 15?

Thank you.
Hi Folx,

I Imported a MP4 file in Power director 15 to crate a DVD. File size is 7 GB I have a 8.5 GB DVD and I selected 8.5 GB G DVD in the disk option of Powerdirector. each time I bring the file in Power director, the size droppe to 4100 MB. after I burn the DVD, it obvioustly get les qualyty than my MP4 file. I mean verry poor quality.

I tried with BR drive and got same result.

I renered the file with PD as MPEG 2 file but size dropped again when I imported the redered file in for DVD vcreetion.

I really want a high quality DVD with no lost at all.

Please help.
Go to: