Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
cool update....

i posted my DAW forum asking if there was a video editor that behaved like a daw. turns out reaper (my daw) does this! i'm now following my audio workflow with video. so much better. what a great find. so far so good. cross fingers.
thx.
one thing i should clarify. it's not that the clips are going out of sync with each other. it's that the audio is going out of synch with the video in the same clip. and only in multicam and the export from multicam.

i think i get what you are saying about editing multiple video tracks.... and i think that works when you have maybe 4 track and you kind of know what's on them in different places. in a rapid edit music video style with 12 tracks it really ends up being tons of work. i keep looking online for an example of someone doing this and find none. haha.

i will try the opasity thing.

multicam only seems to take full video from the media window. not edited (synced) clips. i'll check again.

i am using shadow files. and low res preview. hm...

i guess the thing is i know how to do this.....but i can't believe how slow it will be.

this is what i'm used to: https://youtu.be/ilX2FOyu_Ts?t=372

typically i set up a loop to play over the section i'm comping. then as it plays i audition the differnt takes in real time. it's very easy to select differnt bits of audio from even 20 takes and hear it in real time (see how the edits work). someone is probalby doing this with video. you can move the edit points by dragging. basically put together a comp with bits from 20 takes in no time. i could finish this music video in about an hour instead of 20. : )

The screenshot was from PD14, while in the current version (PD19) they've dropped the first 2 options. I don't know why you say using clip markers doesn't work, as that's the way I'd do it with your clips.

i didn't know what they were until just now. ha. but they are not a great solution as far as i can see. they don't import into multicam right? so you create them in there. but multicam has no audio to reference which makes things hard with a music video. you can always hear the drummer hit the snare but you can't see it in all cams. i can see how these markers would help on the main timeline.

That can sometimes be an issue with very long videos (like 20+ min) but there shouldn't be anything noticeable in shorter projects. To have the most accurate editing experience it's best to set your project's frame rate to the highest fps clip you're working with, so 60fps in this case.

well something is up. i changed to 60fps and nothing changed. audio goes out of sync with video in multicam. usually for the same clip every time. tends to be the 60 fps one. but in the clip preview window it looks fine. this is only maybe 10 minutes at longest.

You have a complex situation that will requires some combination of forethought and experimentation. It's up to you to decide whether to load clips from all 4 cams from the same take into the MCD at once, or to take the best shots from a single cam from up to 4 takes.

Either way you'll have a single "intermediate greatest shots" clip, and at some point you'll need to compare it with the other intermediate segments to get your final version. You may find it helpful to produce each MCD intermediate output so you'll be able to use the MCD with those clips to get your final video.

so it' looks like i'll have to put all video on main timeline and edit. i've seen some videos on this but no one is trying to edit 12 tracks of video. maybe there is a method i haven't seen yet? besides chopping things up and turning on and off track visability?

thx
i think the only option for me is audio. version 17. the video is from 3 phones and a digital SLR. none of the other methods work. manually doing it is ok on the main timeline but in

phone 1: 60 fps
phone 2: 29.85 fps
phone 3: 30fps
DSLR: 29.97 fps

i was reading about variable frame rates and the trouble editors can have with that....audio going out or sync. the solution seems to be trancoding them all to somthing like 30fps. not sure. probably for another post.

but back to editing lots of tracks that are supposed to be in sync. what i figured out is i can use the multicam and sync each take since i only have 4 cams. import that on the timeline for each take. line them up with the song. then edit from there. multicam allows me to cut down on my sync work by 1/4th. and hopefull the edits in multicam reduce edits on the main timeline. that's the fastest way i have figured out. : )

the problem with me is i've been using a much faster system for comping in audio for over 10 years. ha. i really think some of the video editors could learn something by looking at pro DAWs.
i shot several takes of my band with 4 cameras. we were playing to the recording of a song so each take should be pretty close in terms of time. what i have is about 12 tracks worth of video for one song. i would like to edit them together so that i use the best parts of each video track.

now i know there is that multicam. but i don't have 4 great cameras from any one take. and if i try and use mutiple takes multicam has trouble synching based on audio.

if this was audio only (i'm an audio guy) i would line the audio up, slice where i wanted edits and be able to quickly audition any of the other takes. i run reaper which does a great job of this. but it's probalby a feature in many pro audio DAWS like protools. basically i set up a loop over the area i'm editing and then swap in and audition differnt bit of audio. i can even drag and drop the edit points and effect all clips at the time.

so how does power director handle this stuff? the only way i see is extremely slow and tedius.
much thanks! that took me to the right area.

edit/profile/attributes/

set to 44.1, 16 bit mono

for me the stereo settings give me one channel of audio and one channel of nothing. so i have to set to mono. which is fine.

my complaint would be...why isn't the default on this mono? very few people have stereo mics. i have 14 mics and none of them are stereo. if i'm really trying to capture something in stereo i use 2 mics with some distance between them. perhaps many mobile devices use stereo mics? seems a waste through because if you can't change the mounting or distance you end up with basically mono anyway. : ) i will admit that many audio pros do have a few stereo mics...but i'm not one of them and your general audience def isn't either.

if i had the ear of the developers i'd say a few things.

default to mono for the desktop version. defalut to 44.1/16 bits for qaulity. no one should be recording at some of the low bit depths and sample rates they list. even a layperson on crappy gear can hear the low quality. record at CD quality and then compress later. simplify that menu. even us audio people don't want to pick from 20 different qualities of audio. ha.
Quote It shows up in both channel on mine. Voice over Profile settings to stereo or mono produce a recording that is the same on both channels when using a mono microphone.

There is no need to change anything. Just open the Captured wav file on the timeline using the audio editor. Post a screenshot on what you see.

thanks. i will look for those settings. here is the screen shot.
recording a voice over in power director. using a single mic on my audio interface. this shows up as a mono file in power director. i just want to have the mono file played on both channels. this has to be easy but after seraching here an in the program i don't see anything. any ideas?
hi. i would like to have titles and voice over audio linked to the video they go with. this way when i insert new video clips in the timeline all the exsiting video/titles/vo stay in synch. make sense?

the way it works now is i get all my video and titles and vo placed and then forget about one bit of video...then add that bit and all titles and vo audio needs to be moved. major pita.

if this doesn't exist it should!

thx
Quote OK. There's an easier way. Before you add the transition, move one of the clips (for example, the leading one) to a lower track, and have its end go slightly past the end of the 2nd clip (in this example, overlap a short section of the following clip from underneath).

Now place the scrubber in the overlapped area then click on the lower clip and drag the thin green line from near the top of the clip about 1/2 way down. You're setting the opacity here, and when you're around 50% you'll be able to see both clips overlaid on one another.

Do all your zooming/cropping here, and then restore the lower clip to full opacity and realign them in the original track so you can place your transition. That's it!

hey thanks. that kind of worked. gave me some more ideas.

the issue is the clip will have 2 transitions. one at the beginning and one at the end. they both need to match as well as posible. i'm basically matching horizon (clips of many landscapes) lines. so sometimes they need to go up or down or rotate a bit. this means scale, position, and rotation are effected. ideally there would be a keyframe at the beginning and end of the clip since it would be rare that transforming the whole clip would work for both transitions. see what i mean?

so far i see no way to set these keyframes with a preview. your method gives a preview (great) but no keyframes to edit and no rotation options. my method has keyframes and rotation but no preview.

i'm kind of suprised this is not a basic thing. these types of edits have been used in films for decades. psycho uses one matching a victim's eye to the shower drain. that was 1960. : )
ok, i think this is officially called a "matched dissolve". damn, can't find anything in the manual about it or in my first google search.
Quote What happens if you position the playhead on your timeline mid-way through your cross-dissolve as you adjust the position of your clips to match each other?

it adjusts the clips together as if they are the same layer. would be great if that worked.
hi. first post here. just bought PD17 and editing some video of landscapes. i have a fade going from one moutain range to another. unfortunately, one set of mountains is lower than the other so the fade is jarring. ok i thought, i'll crop/move the first video so that the ranges are the same height. much better transition. : ) but this is a real pain in the butt the way i did it.

1) insert fade between clips.
2) go into crop effect for first clip. tween/crop/transform it to match second clip.
3) get out of power tools window and go back to movie
4) see if it looks good.
5) repeat until it looks good.

my issue is there is no way to see the transition (both clips overlapping) while i crop/tween the first clip. if i could do that it would be about 10 times easier. is there a better way to do this?

much thx
Hi. First Post. I'm trying to do a boomerang effect. That is, have a short clip play forwards then backwards and loop that. I have the mobile app for android. My first thought was to duplicate the clip, reverse the second clip, and then loop that project. However, I find no way to duplicate a clip. I could pull the video from my library a second time and then spend forever edting it to the frame like the first clip. no!

Also not sure there is any setting to seemlessly loop the whole project. That may not be an issue. Would have to check playback.

Anyway, it all seems like a very easy thing to do. There are many apps that do this...but all the ones i've seen require you to shoot the video through the app. You can't use library footage from your camera! that's crazy talk.

Any ideas? or app recommendations? My needs are pretty simple so far. I'd like to just have one app that does everything.

Thanks!
Go to: