Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote The App Manager does update itself, but this is an issue where uninstalling the app is required. Most people haven't encountered this problem in the first place, and all the additional steps listed above are only if a simple uninstall/reinstall doesn't fix the issue.

Do you actually have this issue and uninstalling/reinstalling didn't work?

YES, I actually had this p;roblem.

Uninstalled and reinstalled the App Manager. Now stuff in media file is slowly being downloaded.
Quote I originally posted only the basic instructions.

However, here are the detailed Tech Support steps which I didn't list, because uninstalling the app automatically removed these other items automatically fo me, but maybe that didn't happen on your system:

1. Uninstall CyberLink Application Manager from Windows Control Panel -> Programs -> Uninstall a program.
2. Select "No" when dialog popped up to ask if keep personal setting
3. Delete two "AppManager" folders at below installation path:

The Default installation path if you did not change it during setup is:
--"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink"
--"C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Local\CyberLink"

4. Copy the whole "CSE" folder to a personal folder for data backup purpose in advance. The "CSE" folder is located at:
-- C:\ProgramData\CyberLink\CSE
5. Delete the original "CSE" folder at the above location.

Please be noted that the AppData and ProgramData folder are hidden on Windows by default. To enter these folders, you have to show the hidden folders in Windows File Explorer by Microsoft instructions in advance:
-- https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files

The {USERNAME} is your account name, which applied to sign in Windows desktop.

6. Reboot Windows
7. Re-download and install CyberLink Application Manager and login the subscription account to check the condition.
-- ]https://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/trials/application-manager/download_en_US.html

Why does a user have to jump through all this above monkey-motion? Seems to me that a fix should be included in a software update...!
Quote Is anyone having this problem: The media tab in application manager shows red dot indicating content is available, but when I click on it all it does is spin forever.

Same here. The status clock won't stop spinning either...
Quote See the attached screenshot. I marked on it where the 16:9 filter is on the DZ page. You need to look and then select it as shown on the screenshot. There are also filters for style, parameters, time if you look to the left of the markings on the screenshot.

Hope this helps you.

I can get to the filter selector as you have shown when on the top page (or DZ's new items), but when I do a search, there is not "filter" selector and I get all formats. Example, do a search for US Flag. ...many come up.....I want a 16:9 format, but all formats come up and there is nowhere to activate the 16:9 filter.....that I can find....
Quote The filter is there for you to set for each episole. There is no permanent setting if that is what you are asking.

Perhaps I wasn't clear with my request.

When using "Director Zone" can i search for items that are 16:9 without having to look through all the r:3 items too?
Is there a way to set a filter so only the ratio (example: 16:9) I want to download is pulled up to view, to save time in searching for Director Zone items to use iin my videos?
Go to: