Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I can't download "Stock Video" from Media
HenryC [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 05, 2019 20:28 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I can't download "Stock Video" from Media in Application Manager.

It keeps saying " Checking ther updates"

Can anyone help me pleae?

Thanks!

Please see the attachement..
[Thumb - 2020-03-01_1408.png]
 Filename
2020-03-01_1408.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
167 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
11 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I launched App Manager a few days ago and it updated itself to 1.7.2617.0a.

Just like what you're seeing, mine's been unable to show any content in the Media tab for 2 days now. I assume it's an issue with CL's content server, and I don't think there's anything we can do but wait for someone to figure out what's going on and fix it on their end.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Because it remained very long in update status, I updated the App Manager manually (from the Cyberlink website), indeed to 1.7.2617.0a.
After that I managed to download some of the media files. But it goes very slow and requires a lot of patience.
In general -so is my experience- the App Manager is very slow. When actively downloading, I notice that my other internet traffic is also slowed down.
It may indeed be the server. I am sure that Cyberlink is aware.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
As this has been going on for about a week, I just submitted a support request to CL on ticket #CS002120251. Hopefully someone will now take a look at what's going on.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

optodata
[Post New]
I heard back from tech support, and they recommended uninstalling App Manager, rebooting, and then downloading and installing it from this page. If you're not in the US, simply click on the globe icon at the top right to change the location.

After doing this and launching the reinstalled App Manager, the Media tab took a couple of seconds to check and download the content, but it is now solidly available.

YouTube/optodata

fontanerobarna [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 04, 2020 07:16 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I can't download "Stock Video" from Media in Application Manager.

It keeps saying " Checking ther updates"

Can anyone help me pleae?

Thanks!

Please see the attachement..

the Application Manager is very slow
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
fontanerobarna - Have you tried uninstalling the App Manager, rebooting, and then downloading and installing it as suggested by optodata. It is the same recommendation posted in the FB PDU forums.
optodata
[Post New]
I originally posted only the basic instructions.

However, here are the detailed Tech Support steps which I didn't list, because uninstalling the app automatically removed these other items automatically fo me, but maybe that didn't happen on your system:

1. Uninstall CyberLink Application Manager from Windows Control Panel -> Programs -> Uninstall a program.
2. Select "No" when dialog popped up to ask if keep personal setting
3. Delete two "AppManager" folders at below installation path:

The Default installation path if you did not change it during setup is:
--"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink"
--"C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Local\CyberLink"

4. Copy the whole "CSE" folder to a personal folder for data backup purpose in advance. The "CSE" folder is located at:
-- C:\ProgramData\CyberLink\CSE
5. Delete the original "CSE" folder at the above location.

Please be noted that the AppData and ProgramData folder are hidden on Windows by default. To enter these folders, you have to show the hidden folders in Windows File Explorer by Microsoft instructions in advance:
-- https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files

The {USERNAME} is your account name, which applied to sign in Windows desktop.

6. Reboot Windows
7. Re-download and install CyberLink Application Manager and login the subscription account to check the condition.
-- https://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/trials/application-manager/download_en_US.html

YouTube/optodata

wisoak [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 11, 2017 17:16 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I originally posted only the basic instructions.

However, here are the detailed Tech Support steps which I didn't list, because uninstalling the app automatically removed these other items automatically fo me, but maybe that didn't happen on your system:

1. Uninstall CyberLink Application Manager from Windows Control Panel -> Programs -> Uninstall a program.
2. Select "No" when dialog popped up to ask if keep personal setting
3. Delete two "AppManager" folders at below installation path:

The Default installation path if you did not change it during setup is:
--"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink"
--"C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Local\CyberLink"

4. Copy the whole "CSE" folder to a personal folder for data backup purpose in advance. The "CSE" folder is located at:

Please be noted that the AppData and ProgramData folder are hidden on Windows by default. To enter these folders, you have to show the hidden folders in Windows File Explorer by Microsoft instructions in advance:
-- https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files

The {USERNAME} is your account name, which applied to sign in Windows desktop.

6. Reboot Windows
7. Re-download and install CyberLink Application Manager and login the subscription account to check the condition.
-- ]https://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/trials/application-manager/download_en_US.html

Why does a user have to jump through all this above monkey-motion? Seems to me that a fix should be included in a software update...!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 16. 2020 16:47

optodata
[Post New]
The App Manager does update itself, but this is an issue where uninstalling the app is required. Most people haven't encountered this problem in the first place, and all the additional steps listed above are only if a simple uninstall/reinstall doesn't fix the issue.

Do you actually have this issue and uninstalling/reinstalling didn't work?

YouTube/optodata

wisoak [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 11, 2017 17:16 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The App Manager does update itself, but this is an issue where uninstalling the app is required. Most people haven't encountered this problem in the first place, and all the additional steps listed above are only if a simple uninstall/reinstall doesn't fix the issue.

Do you actually have this issue and uninstalling/reinstalling didn't work?

YES, I actually had this p;roblem.

Uninstalled and reinstalled the App Manager. Now stuff in media file is slowly being downloaded.
David_D [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 10, 2019 10:03 Messages: 53 Offline
[Post New]

And what does one now do with the relocated "CSE" Folder?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 19. 2020 23:28

optodata
[Post New]
The instructions say it's to back up personal data, but that data is restored once the App Manager is running again. As far as I know, you can safely delete it.

YouTube/optodata