Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Menu tab > untick Enable video thumbnail > OK

this may have fixed it. i just did a successful burn. i won't know again until i get home to try to burn another DVD.

um, i don't actually know what that option does - what does it do?

also, what does the 'Create a DVD' folder option do besides fill up my hard drive? i'm serious - what is the purpose of that option? can i re-use that data somehow?

thanks!
Quote: The zip file is hosted with a very slow connection speed 3k and will take an hour to come in - I will forgo the pleasure of that at the moment. thank you for making the zip file available.

that's weird. it must be an internet transmission thing - i just downloaded it again at about 120kb or so - my mini/working project (13 MB), that is. so that only took 2 min or so.

Quote: Please confirm what's in the zip - is it your project which threw up the A0000005 message?

No.

So, i think i understand now - you wanted the broken project, right? I'll export that and then private message (PM) my contact info to you shortly.

My working project (the test I did) had these contents:

[VID] Aquarium.mpg 04-Dec-2007 11:59 3.3M
[IMG] Cherry.jpg 04-Dec-2007 11:59 2.8M
[ ] PackedProject.pds 04-Dec-2007 11:59 92k
[SND] Party.mp3 04-Dec-2007 12:00 1.8M
[IMG] Tulip.jpg 04-Dec-2007 12:01 2.9M
[IMG] Windmill.jpg 04-Dec-2007 12:02 2.6M

Quote: I confused the instructions writing "test" in both cases - sorry.

Okay you've got a good and perhaps bad result. Bad for you, good for me!

Good = you can write a disc
Bad = it's likely to be something in your project (a file etc) that's causing the problem.

re-start you project and test burn it... see what's causing the project to throw up the error A0000005.

Dafydd

now that i do not understand. just try to re-burn a project that i know is broken?

my real project is test burning again - or just creating the DVD folder for now. it's at 41%. as soon as that works or fails, i'll export the contents.

'Support' told me I may just have a bad drive or bad media or mismatched media or old drivers, etc.

Thanks!
I tried the test and everything worked.

I did not know what a 'Magic Music' file was, though, so I imported an dragged-in the Party.mp3, instead.

I thought the 'Pack project materials' option would pack the project materials, but it just seems to copy the source files to a directory. I created a zip download and uploaded it and the individual parts.

http://www.acromedia.com/peter/cyberlink/testburn/cyberlink.zip

Please let me know if you need anything else. I might also be able to provide remote access to my PC if it can help get this resolved quicker.
I have the same problem. It's been intermittent for me until recently - I thought I just had a couple of bad DVDs. I guess that is not the case.

I tried the 75MB patch and that did nothing.

I then installed the PDR.exe that I got from Support, and that cause the burn to fail (just lock up, no errors) at 27%.

My video is about an hour long.

I'll try to home project above and post results.
Go to: